Storm wrestling in Wichita Falls, TX in October 2016
|Birth name||Timothy Scoggins|
|Born||February 18, 1965|
Pine Bluff, Arkansas, U.S.
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Tim Storm|
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Billed weight||260 lb (120 kg)|
|Trained by||Bill Ash|
Timothy Scoggins (born February 18, 1965), better known by his ring name Tim Storm, is an American professional wrestler. He wrestles on the independent circuit and is a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion.
Professional wrestling career
National Wrestling Alliance
Early career (1995–2015)
In 2010, Storm began working for the Arkansas-based National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) affiliated Traditional Championship Wrestling (TCW). He joined forces once more with his former partner Apocalypse, wrestling again as The Dark Circle. Together, they held the TCW Tag Team Championships during the months of June through August. Storm challenged for the TCW International Heavyweight Championship on August 20 in a losing effort to the champion Jeff Jett at TCW Back To School Bash. On August 21, Storm wrestled a series of three matches (being his last for the 2010 year) at TCW Throwdown In The Downtown IV including a tag team title match, and two consecutive singles matches, winning all three.
On May 1, 2011, Storm competed in a semi-final match at the Inaugural Germanfest Wringenmiesterschaft Tournament for the Indy World Championship. He won his semi-final match against Jason Jones before going on to face Jeremy Young. Finally, Storm defeated Kahagas in the final tournament match, winning the Indy World Championship.
On June 11, Storm won the NWA Oklahoma Heavyweight Championship from Michael Faith. He challenged unsuccessfully for the NWA Houston Heavyweight Championship against the champion Scot Summers on July 8 at NWA Houston Independence Explosion III.
In 2012, Storm worked in events involving Texas Stampede Wrestling beginning on January 28, at TSW One More Time in a successful tag team match with Apocalypse against the International Playa's Club (C-Diddy and Jared Steele). He wrestled again at TSW Spring Fling on March 31 against Mike Foxx and Action Jackson in a losing triple threat match. On April 14, Storm wrestled at TSW Knuckle Up against Mike Foxx in a (special referee Action Jackson) GWT Indy World Title match, winning against Foxx by DQ. At that same event he defeated Boink the Clown in a consecutive title defense. On June 16, at TSW Tru-Life Playaz Ball, Storm wrestled and loss to Bobby Lambert.
On October 27, 2014, Storm defeated NWA North American Champion Byron Wilcott to win the title at an NWA Main Event Wrestling show in Sherman, Texas. He defended the title for six months before dropping it to NWA National Heavyweight Champion Jax Dane in a title vs. title match on April 12, 2015, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Storm went on to win the NWA Mid-South Heavyweight title from Gaylon Summers by forfeit on May 2, 2015, (as noted above), but that reign was short-lived as Rob Conway defeated Storm for the title on June 20, 2015, in Dyersburg.
On July 17, 2015, in Sherman, Texas, Storm regained the NWA North American title when he defeated Andy Anderson in a tournament final for the title, which had been vacated on May 28 when previous champion Dane was injured. On July 16, 2016, in Pavo, Georgia, Storm's second North American title reign ended when Tyson Dean defeated him for the belt.
NWA World Heavyweight Champion (2016–2017)
While competing in NWA Texoma Wrestling, Storm defeated Jax Dane in Sherman, Texas on October 21, 2016, to become the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) World Heavyweight Champion. At 51 years old, Storm made history as the oldest wrestler to ever win the title. On September 9, 2017, at Wrestle Raise III "Abbymania" in Hot Springs Arkansas, Storm successfully defended the NWA Heavyweight Championship against Jerry "The King" Lawler. On October 8, 2017, Storm appeared on Championship Wrestling from Hollywood with the historic ten pounds of gold. He gave an impassioned speech about the history and the importance of the NWA and its championship. He concluded by stating "This is my mountaintop. This is the pinnacle of the most important thing I have done in wrestling, and I will never-ever let this go-and that-is a fact!" The NWA subsequently began uploading videos to YouTube in a series titled "Ten Pounds of Gold" that chronicled the history of the NWA and Storm's career. Storm successfully defended the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Nick Aldis on November 12, 2017, at a Championship Wrestling from Hollywood event in Los Angeles, California. On November 17, 2017, Storm successfully defended the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Jocephus, at a Tried-N-True Pro Wrestling event, in Clarksville, Tennessee. He lost the title to Nick Aldis on December 9.
Outside professional wrestling, Storm is a school history teacher in Euless, Texas.
Championships and accomplishments
- Christian Wrestling Federation
- CWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Elite Championship Wrestling
- NWA Elite Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Matt Riviera
- Inspire Pro Wrestling
- Twin Dragon Connection Championship (1 time) - with Davey Vega
- Professional Championship Wrestling
- PCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- PCW Tag Team Championship (5 times) - with Apocalypse (3), The Faithful and Mace Malone (1), The Faithful and James Johnson (1)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- New Millenium Wrestling
- NMW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Apocalypse
- National Wrestling Alliance Oklahoma
- NWA Oklahoma Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- North American Wrestling Allegiance
- NAWA Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Cowboy Adam
- Texoma Pride Wrestling
- NWA Texoma Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- Traditional Championship Wrestling
- National Wrestling Alliance Texoma
- NWA Texoma Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Apocalypse
- National Wrestling Alliance
- NWA Mid-South
- NWA Mid-South Unified Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- VIP Wrestling
- VIP Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Apoc
- Xtreme Championship Wrestling
- XCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Apocalypse
- Kreikenbohm, Philip. "Tim Storm « Wrestlers Database « CAGEMATCH — The Internet Wrestling Database".
- "2012 CAC Future Legend Nominee Matt Riviera". 11 March 2012.
- "Breaking news: Tim Storm defeats Jax Dane in Sherman, TX to become the new NWA World's Heavyweight Champion!!!". 22 October 2016. Archived from the original on 24 October 2016.
- Keller, Wade (2017-12-09). "Breaking News: Nick Aldis captures NWA World Hvt. Title tonight on CZW event in New Jersey, ending Tim Storm's YouTube chronicled reign (w/Keller's Analysis)". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2017-12-09.
- "NWA Champion Tim Storm on Working With Billy Corgan, Future of the Company". Rolling Stone. 9 November 2017.
- "Internet Wrestling Database — Tim Storm: Pro Wrestling Illustrated Ratings".
- "NWA World Heavyweight Title".