|Born||11 December 1977|
|Labels||Play It Again Sam|
|Associated acts||Eagles of Death Metal|
Broken Glass Heroes
Tim Wessel Vanhamel (born 11 December 1977 in Zonhoven, Belgium) is a Belgian rock musician who has been a member of and performed with a number of bands including Evil Superstars, Deus and Eagles of Death Metal. He is also the frontman of his own bands Millionaire and Eat Lions.
Vanhamel played in his first band, Sister Poopoo, when he was 13. In 1995, at the age of 17, Vanhamel joined Evil Superstars as their guitarist. He played for the band until their split in 1998. He then played in Deus for a short time during their 'Ideal Crash' tour in 1999. In 2000, Vanhamel began recording the debut for his own band, Millionaire. Later, he played guitar as a guest on Eagles of Death Metal's debut album Peace, Love, Death Metal. He also toured as part of Eagles of Death Metal in their early days.
In 2007, Millionaire contributed to the soundtrack for the film "Ex-Drummer" based on the novel by the Flemish author Herman Brusselmans. After its release the band started playing on summer festivals such as Marktrock among with other bands and Flip Kowlier as the Ex-Drummer band. He recorded a solo album in 2007. First single 'Until I Find You' was premiered in November 2007. The full album Welcome to the Blue House was released 31 January 2008. In 2008, he contributed guest vocals to Millionaire bandmate Aldo Struyf's side-project, Creature with the Atom Brain.
- Welcome to the Blue House (2008)
- True, Chris. "Tim Vanhamel | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- Lash, Jolie (3 March 2004). "Queens' Homme Lifts Eagles | Rolling Stone Music". rollingstone.com.
- 'Vodkagroep' van Tim Vanhamel heet Eat Lions
- Gitlin, Lauren (1 November 2005). "Eagles of Death Metal Get Sexy | Rolling Stone Music". rollingstone.com.
- "Ex-drummer: gestamel en getreiter met Tim Vanhamel en Flip Kowlier" [Ex-drummer: stammering and teasing with Tim Vanhamel and Flip Kowlier]. humo.be (in Dutch). 23 January 2007.
- "Welcome to the Blue House - Tim Vanhamel | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- "Album review: Creature With The Atom Brain - I Am The Golden Gate Bridge". Rock-metal-music-reviews.com. 6 March 2008. Archived from the original on 15 June 2008.
|This article about a Belgian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|