Life and career
After graduating in 1994, Walker worked as a freelance photography assistant in London before moving to New York City as a full time assistant to Richard Avedon. On returning to England, he initially concentrated on portrait and documentary work for UK newspapers. At the age of 25, he shot his first fashion story for Vogue.
In 2010 Walker's first short film, The Lost Explorer (BBC Films, 2010) was premiered at Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland.
Walker lives in London.
- 2008 - Pictures, Design Museum, London 
- 2012/2013 - Story Teller, Somerset House, London 
- 2013 - Dreamscapes, Bowes Museum, Durham, UK 
- Tim Walker. teNeues, 2006. Stern Portfolio Paperback. 
- Pictures. teNeues, 2008.
- The Lost Explorer. teNeues, 2011.
- Story Teller. Thames & Hudson, 2012
- The Granny Alphabet. Thames & Hudson, 2013
- 'Isabella Blow award for Fashion Creator' from The British Fashion Council, 2008 
- Infinity Award from the International Center of Photography in New York, 2009 
- Best short film, Chicago United Film Festival, 2011, for The Lost Explorer.
- Honorary Fellowship from The Royal Photographic Society, 2012.
- "Tim Walker". Vogue. 2012.
- "Tim Walker 'Pictures' at the Design Museum".
- "Tim Walker 'Pictures' published by TeNeues. 2008".
- "Tim Walker 'Story Teller' at Somerset House, London". Somerset House.
- "About Ruth Ansel".
- "Tim Walker 'Dreamscapes', Bowes Museum, Durham".
- "Tim Walker-Pictures". http://designmuseum.org/. Design Museum. Retrieved 16 February 2014. External link in
- "Tim Walker: Story Teller". http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/. Somerset House. Retrieved 16 February 2014. External link in
- Cochrane, Lauren (18 October 2012). "http://www.wallpaper.com/fashion/tim-walker-story-teller-exhibition-at-somerset-house/6134". Wallpaper. External link in
- "Tim Walker: Dreamscapes". http://www.artfund.org/. Art Fund. Retrieved 16 February 2014. External link in
- Walker (2008). Pictures. teNeues.
- Walker (2011). The Lost Explorer. TeNeues.
- Walker, Tim (2012). Story Teller. Thames & Hudson.
- Walker, Tim (2013). The Granny Alphabet. Thames & Hudson.
- "British Fashion Awards- 2008". http://www.britishfashionawards.co.uk/. British Fashion Council. Retrieved 16 February 2014. External link in
- "Infinity Awards 2009". http://www.icp.org. International Center of Photography. Retrieved 16 February 2014. External link in
- "Chicago United Film Festival Website".
- "Royal Photographic Society Awards 2012" (PDF).
- "Tim Walker photographs in the V&A Collection".