|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Known for||Fashion photographer|
Life and career
After graduating in 1994, Walker worked as a freelance photography assistant in London before moving to New York City as a full-time assistant to Richard Avedon. On returning to England, he initially concentrated on portrait and documentary work for UK newspapers. At the age of 25, he shot his first fashion story for Vogue.
In 2010 Walker's first short film, The Lost Explorer (BBC Films, 2010) was premiered at Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland.
Walker lives in London.
Walker has one brother who is now 51. His father died when he was at a young age and his mother remarried. He has two nephews named Ed Walker and Will Walker.
- Pictures, Design Museum, London, 2008
- Story Teller, Somerset House, London, 2012/2013
- Dreamscapes, Bowes Museum, Durham, UK, 2013
- Wonderful Things, Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 2019
- Wonderful People, Michael Hoppen Gallery, London, 2019
- Tim Walker. teNeues, 2006. Stern Portfolio Paperback.
- Pictures. teNeues, 2008.
- The Lost Explorer. teNeues, 2011.
- Story Teller. Thames & Hudson, 2012. ISBN 9780500544204.
- The Granny Alphabet. Thames & Hudson, 2013. ISBN 9780500544266.
- Shoot for the Moon. Thames & Hudson, 2019. ISBN 9780500545027.
- Isabella Blow award for Fashion Creator from The British Fashion Council, 2008
- Infinity Award from the International Center of Photography, New York City, 2009
- Best short film, Chicago United Film Festival, 2011, for The Lost Explorer
- Honorary Fellowship from The Royal Photographic Society, 2012
Walker's work is held in the following permanent collections:
- "Tim Walker". Vogue. 2012.
- "Tim Walker 'Pictures' at the Design Museum".
- "Tim Walker 'Pictures' published by TeNeues. 2008".
- "Tim Walker 'Story Teller' at Somerset House, London". Somerset House.
- "About Ruth Ansel".
- "Tim Walker 'Dreamscapes', Bowes Museum, Durham".
- "Tim Walker-Pictures". Design Museum. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Tim Walker: Story Teller exhibition at Somerset House". Somerset House. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- Cochrane, Lauren (18 October 2012). "Tim Walker: Story Teller exhibition at Somerset House". Wallpaper. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Tim Walker: Dreamscapes". Art Fund. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "British Fashion Awards- 2008". British Fashion Council. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Infinity Awards 2009". International Center of Photography. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Chicago United Film Festival Website".
- "Royal Photographic Society Awards 2012" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-12-11.
- "Tim Walker photographs in the V&A Collection".
- "Tim Walker - Person - National Portrait Gallery". www.npg.org.uk.