27 February 1940
Bangor-on-Dee, Flintshire, Wales, UK
His real name is Higginson and he attended Strathallan School, Perthshire and RADA. He has been acting on British television since 1964, when he made an appearance on The Comedy of Errors. Other early appearances include The Liver Birds, The Sweeney, Maybury, The Dustbinmen, On Giant's Shoulders and Juliet Bravo. Wylton also had a role in the BBC's 1979 adaptation of Henry V, playing the rather lovable Fluellen.
During the 1980s he acted on programmes such as Bergerac, To Serve Them All My Days, Campion, The Citadel and A Bit of a Do (as Rodney Sillitoe). In 1983, he appeared in the film Curse of the Pink Panther. During the 1990s, he starred in All Creatures Great and Small, Agatha Christie's Poirot, Lovejoy, Rumpole of the Bailey, A Touch of Frost, The Darling Buds of May, French & Saunders, Peak Practice, Annie's Bar, Cadfael, C.A.T.S. Eyes and Wycliffe. In 1995, he appeared as Elizabeth Bennet's Uncle Gardner in the adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
In 1996, he appeared in As Time Goes By as Lol Ferris, and continued in this role until 2002. From 2000, he has appeared in My Hero as Stanley Dawkins. Since 2000, he has appeared in Absolutely Fabulous, Coronation Street, Casualty, Heartbeat and The Royal.
- Melody (1971) - Mr. Fellows
- Under Milk Wood (1972) - Mr. Willy Nilly
- Blue Blood (1973) - Morrell
- Curse of the Pink Panther (1983) - Doctor
|1969 to 1970||The Dustbinmen||Eric|
|1989||A Bit of a Do||Rodney Sillitoe|
|1991||Agatha Christie's Poirot||Henry Delafontaine in "How Does Your Garden Grow?"|
|1995||Pride and Prejudice||Mr Gardiner|
|1996 to 2002||As Time Goes By||Lol Ferris|
|2000 to 2006||My Hero||Stanley Dawkins|
- "Tim Wylton". DigiGuide. 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- Trowbridge, Simon (2010). "Tim Wylton". The Company: A biographical dictionary of the Royal Shakespeare Company (2 ed.). Oxford, England: Editions Albert Creed. ISBN 9780955983023.
- TV Times staff (1970). Who's Who on Television. Independent Television Publications Ltd.
|This article about a Welsh actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|