Timberlake, North Carolina
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Timberlake is an unincorporated community in south-central Person County, North Carolina. The population was 6,921 at the 2010 census. It lies between Roxboro and Durham along the US Highway 501 corridor through Person County. The economy of this township is dominated by tobacco agriculture and manufacturing.
Even though Timberlake has a fairly large population for an unincorporated municipality, it does not have a large number of businesses. The majority of residents work and do business in the nearby municipalities of Roxboro, NC, Durham, NC, and Hillsborough, NC. The Veterans Memorial Parade, typically held on the Saturday immediately preceding Memorial Day, is Timberlake's largest community gathering.
According to the 2010 U.S. Census, there were 6,921 people in 2,684 households. The racial composition of the town was 82.9% White, 13.7% Black or African American, 0.5% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.1% Vietnamese, 1.1% some other race, and 1.5% of two or more races. 2.2% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
- Wendy Palmer - UNCG Women's Basketball Head Coach
- John Dee Holeman - American Blues Artist
- Rob Fuller - Ferrum College Cross Country Head Coach
Points of interest
- Person County Airport
- Helena Elementary School
- Homestead Steakhouse
- Person County Solar Park I
- Person County Airport Solar Park
- Meadowbrook Swimming Pool
- Palace Pointe Family Entertainment Center
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Timberlake town, North Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 3, 2012.
|This article about a location in Person County, North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|