|Area||1.5 sq mi (3.9 km2)|
|- land||1.5 sq mi (4 km2)|
|- water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||6,842.4/sq mi (2,641.9/km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Location of Louisiana in the United States
Timberlane is a census-designated place (CDP) in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 10,243 at the 2010 census. It is part of the New Orleans–Metairie–Kenner Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Timberlane is located at (29.880140, -90.029523).
As of the census of 2000, there were 11,405 people, 4,017 households, and 3,101 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 5,340.4 people per square mile (2,057.7/km²). There were 4,159 housing units at an average density of 1,947.5 per square mile (750.4/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 65.71% White, 23.49% African American, 0.72% Native American, 4.57% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 3.12% from other races, and 2.34% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.68% of the population.
There were 4,017 households out of which 36.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.4% were married couples living together, 15.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.8% were non-families. 18.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.81 and the average family size was 3.20.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 26.0% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 29.6% from 25 to 44, 26.2% from 45 to 64, and 8.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 95.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $49,278, and the median income for a family was $55,573. Males had a median income of $38,714 versus $25,370 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $20,674. About 7.2% of families and 8.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.9% of those under age 18 and 6.5% of those age 65 or over.
Schools that serve Timberlane for elementary school are Cox and Solis. Schools that serve Timberlane for middle school are Gretna Middle and Livaudais. Portions of Timberlane are within the zones of Helen Cox High School and West Jefferson High School. In regards to advanced studies academies, residents are zoned to the Gretna Academy.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Timberlane CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "Elementary School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "Middle School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "High School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "Westbank Advanced Studies Academies Attendance Zones" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.