This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Post-punk, new wave|
|Past members||Pat MacDonald|
Barbara K. MacDonald
Timbuk3 was an American post-punk band which released six original studio albums between 1986 and 1995. They are best known for their Top 20 single "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades". The band's music has been featured on more than 20 compilation and soundtrack albums.
Timbuk3 was formed in 1984 in Madison, Wisconsin, by the husband and wife team of Pat MacDonald (acoustic, electric, bass and MIDI guitars, harmonica, vocals, drum programming) and Barbara K. MacDonald (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, mandolin, violin, rhythm programming, vocals). They were joined in 1991 by Wally Ingram (drums) and Courtney Audain (bass).
|1986||Greetings from Timbuk3||I.R.S.||50||86||51|
|1989||Edge of Allegiance||I.R.S.||-||-||-|
|1991||Big Shot in the Dark||I.R.S.||-||-||-|
|1993||Looks Like Dark to Me EP||High Street||-||-||-|
|1995||A Hundred Lovers||High Street||-||-||-|
- Some of the Best of Timbuk3: Field Guide (1992) (greatest hits compilation)
- Espace Ornano (1993) (live album)
- Live from Austin City Limits (2011) (live album)
|1986||"The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades"||19||14||18||11||29||21|
|1987||"Life Is Hard"||-||35||-||-||-||-|
|1987||"All I Want for Christmas (Is World Peace)"||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1988||"Rev. Jack & His Roamin' Cadillac Church"||-||34||-||-||-||-|
|1995||"Just Wanna Funk with Your Mind"||-||-||99||-||-||-|
- Bush, John. Biography of Timbuk 3 at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-05-15.
- Jon Young and Scott Schinder. "Timbuk3 (profile)". Trouser Press.
- "Billboard > Timbuk 3 > Chart History". Bilboard. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- Australian chart peaks:
- Top 100 (Kent Music Report) peaks to June 12, 1988: Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (Illustrated ed.). St. Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 310. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. N.B. the Kent Report chart was licensed by ARIA between mid-1983 and June 12, 1988.
- "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades": "Australian Top 50 ARIA Chart – Week Ending 15th February, 1987". Imgur.com (original document published by ARIA). Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- "Just Wanna Funk with Your Mind" (ARIA) peak: "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles Chart – Week Ending 30 Jul 1995". Imgur.com (original document published by ARIA). Retrieved 2017-02-23. N.B. The HP column displays the highest peak reached.
- "Official Charts > Timbuk 3". The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "The Irish Charts – All there is to know > Search results for 'Timbuk 3'". Fireball Media. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "charts.org.nz > Timbuk 3 in New Zealand Charts". Hung Medien. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 560. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.