|Privately held company|
|Atul Bansal, CEO|
Timesys is a privately owned company that helps software development teams build and maintain a custom Linux platform for a wide variety of embedded processors from semiconductor manufacturers such as Atmel, Freescale, Intel, Texas Instruments, and Xilinx.
The company was founded in 1996 out of Carnegie Mellon University and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The company was initially known for providing the industry's first real-time enhanced embedded Linux distribution, known as TimeSys Linux/RT. A pioneer and industry leader in embedded Linux solutions, TimeSys joined the OSDL in 2003, and in 2004, was the first to register a carrier-grade Linux distribution. In 2005, TimeSys open-sourced their intellectual property as a means to embrace the open source embedded Linux community, and at that time, the company also launched its flagship product, LinuxLink.
LinuxLink is a software development framework that helps embedded software development teams configure, patch, build and maintain an open source Linux platform. It includes a Linux kernel, GNU toolchain, packages and libraries and development tools. Subscribers are also provided with regular updates, extensive "How-To" documentation and support. All Linux platform components and updates are open source and are provided through the LinuxLink Factory custom platform builder.
- "About Timesys". Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Timesys Management Team". Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Supported Processor Families". Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "TimeSys announces availability of Linux/RT 1.0". Archived from the original on 2012-09-09.
- "TimeSys issues position statement on MontaVista real-time". Archived from the original on 2013-01-28.
- "TimeSys joins OSDL with focus on Carrier Grade Linux". Archived from the original on 2012-09-10.
- "TIMESYS FIRST TO REGISTER CARRIER GRADE LINUX DISTRIBUTION.". Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "TimeSys drops distro model, embraces "roll-your-own" embedded Linux services". Archived from the original on 2012-09-04.
- "Timesys LinuxLink: Build Embedded Linux Based Devices — Quickly". Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Timesys Factory(TM) — 'No Compromise' Custom Platform Builder". Retrieved 16 August 2015.
|This article related to a computer company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|