Time (Freddie Mercury song)
|Single by Freddie Mercury|
|from the album Time|
|B-side||"Time (Instrumental version)" (3:20)|
|Released||6 May 1986|
|Length||2:57 (Original Time LP version)
3:50 (Single version)4:35 (Extended mix)
|Songwriter(s)||Dave Clark, Jeff Daniels|
|Producer(s)||Dave Clark, Freddie Mercury|
|Freddie Mercury singles chronology|
"Time" is a 1986 song recorded by Freddie Mercury, along with "In My Defence", for Dave Clark's musical of the same name. Even though Mercury did not appear in the musical itself, both songs were included on the cast album, and "Time" was also released as a separate single, backed by an instrumental version of the song, and reached #32 on the UK Singles Chart. The single version was later included in the 2000 box set The Solo Collection and the 2006 compilation album Lover of Life, Singer of Songs: The Very Best of Freddie Mercury Solo.
The song video was shot at the Dominion Theatre, London, where the play was being staged since the world premiere of 9 April 1986. Since a matinée and evening performance were scheduled, the only time left for shooting was the early morning: so Mercury and Austrian producer Rudi Dolezal had to meet there at 6.00 in the morning.
- "Time (Nile Rodgers 1992 Remix)" is an edit version of the song contained in the 1992 compilation The Freddie Mercury Album and in the Solo Collection. It replaces the piano with a guitar part.
- "Time (2000 Remix)" is almost identical to the single version, except it loses some of the percussion. It is only found in the 2000 box set Solo.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Freddie Mercury - lead vocals
- Mike Moran - keyboards
- Ray Russell - guitars
- Brett Morgan - drums
- Alan Jones - bass guitar
- John Christie - backing vocals
- Peter Straker - backing vocals