Time Bomb (Rancid song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Rancid|
|from the album ...And Out Come the Wolves|
|Released||November 1, 1995|
|Songwriter(s)||Tim Armstrong / Lars Frederiksen / Matt Freeman|
|Producer(s)||Jerry Finn, Rancid|
|Rancid singles chronology|
"Time Bomb" is a song by the American punk rock band Rancid. It was released as the second single from its third album, ...And Out Come the Wolves. The song reached number 8 on Billboard Modern Rock Tracks, marking the highest initial charting single in Rancid's career.
"Time Bomb" is a ska punk song, similar to the sound of Operation Ivy, in which Tim Armstrong and Matt Freeman used to play before Rancid. The lyrics for the first verse of the song were sampled from an earlier song, "Motorcycle Ride", which appeared on the band's previous album, Let's Go.
- "Time Bomb" - 2:24
- "The Wars End" - 1:53
- "Blast 'Em" - 2:29
In popular culture
- Time Bomb was featured in the 2000 Gilmore Girls episode Cinnamon's Wake. Lane's band also performed a cover of "Time Bomb" in the Season 4 Gilmore Girls episode Afterboom.
- It was used in the 2005 movie Fun with Dick and Jane.
- It was also used in the 2016 movie Punk's Dead: SLC Punk 2.
- It was also used in the 2018 Netflix show Everything Sucks!
- Along with "Ruby Soho" and "Last One to Die", "Time Bomb" were released in the Rancid 01 track pack on July 21, 2009 for Rock Band 2.
- UFC fighter Antonio Banuelos uses the song as he makes his entrance to the Octagon.
|UK (Official Charts Company)||56|
- "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles Chart – Week Ending 25 Feb 1996". Imgur.com (original document published by ARIA). Retrieved 2017-07-21. N.B. The HP column displays the highest peak reached.
- "Official Charts > Rancid". The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 2017-07-21.