Time Is My Enemy
|Time Is My Enemy|
|Directed by||Don Chaffey|
|Produced by||Roger Proudlock|
|Written by||Allan MacKinnon|
|Based on||the play Second Chance by Ella Adkins|
|Edited by||Sam Simmonds|
|Distributed by||Independent Film Distributors (U.K.)|
|September 1954 (U.K.)|
Small-time crook Radley (Dennis Price) returns after a long absence to discover his wife Barbara (Renee Asherson) has remarried, believing him killed in the Blitz. Finding her happily married to wealthy publisher John Everton (Patrick Barr), Radley begins blackmailing Barbara for £500 to keep their previous marriage quiet. When Radley kills a jeweller in a robbery, he is blackmailed by his roommate, so in turn threatens to also blackmail John Everton for £500. When she arrives at Radley's flat to pay the final instalment, he provokes her into shooting him. After surrendering herself to the police, Barbara discovers that all is not as it seems, Radley is wanted for more than one murder; and the police begin to question whether Radley is really dead after all.
- Dennis Price as Martin Radley
- Renée Asherson as Barbara Everton
- Patrick Barr as John Everton
- Duncan Lamont as Inspector Charles Wayne
- Susan Shaw as Evelyn Gower
- Bonar Colleano as Harry Bond
- Alfie Bass as Ernie Gordon
- Agnes Lauchlan as Aunt Laura
- Brenda Hogan as Diana
- Barbara Grayley as Betty the maid
- Mavis Villiers as Gladys
- William Franklyn as Peter Thompson
- Dandy Nichols as Mrs. Budd
- Erik Chitty as Ballistics Expert
- Howard Layton as Surgeon
- Neil Wilson as Doctor
- Alastair Hunter as Bookmaker
- Bruce Beeby as ?
- Nigel Neilson as Hubert
- Audrey Hessey as Airport Receptionist
- Goble, Alan (1 January 1999). "The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film". Walter de Gruyter – via Google Books.
- "Time Is My Enemy (1957) - Don Chaffey - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie".
- "Time Is My Enemy (1954)".
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1950s crime film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|