Time Is Time
|"Time Is Time"|
|Single by Andy Gibb|
|from the album Andy Gibb's Greatest Hits|
|B-side||"I Go for You"|
Middle Ear Studios, Miami Beach
|Songwriter(s)||Andy Gibb, Barry Gibb|
|Andy Gibb singles chronology|
"Time Is Time" is a song written by Andy and Barry Gibb. Andy Gibb performs this song and was released as a single in November 1980 and included on Andy Gibb's Greatest Hits. The B-side, "I Go for You" was originally from his 1978 album Shadow Dancing.
Background and release
"Time Is Time" is recorded in the middle of 1980 at the Middle Ear Studios in Miami Beach. It was credited to Andy himself with his brother Barry, but Andy said later that it was his own composition with one change in it by Barry. Its full ending, when the musicians stop, Andy continues to sing a few more words, and drummer Steve Gadd hits the hi-hat again, but when it was released, it ends with the fadeout.
The song reached No. 15 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 29 on the US Adult Contemporary chart in 1980. The song appeared on his 1980 album, Andy Gibb's Greatest Hits and was the first single and one of the new songs on that album. as well as 2010's Mythology box set. The song was produced by Barry Gibb, Albhy Galuten and Karl Richardson.
It was edited for its single release with one less repeat of the chorus at the end. When it was appeared for the first time in CD format through the compilation Andy Gibb it fades out early at 3:41.
- Andy Gibb — lead and backing vocals
- Barry Gibb — backing vocals, acoustic guitar
- Joey Murcia — electric guitar
- George Terry — electric guitar
- Cornell Dupree — electric guitar
- Harold Cowart — bass guitar
- Steve Gadd — drums
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||17|
|Germany (Media Control Charts)||44|
|US Billboard Hot 100||15|
|US Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks||29|
|US Cash Box||19|
|US Radio & Records||18|
|US Record World||21|
- Brennan, Joseph. "Gibb Songs: 1980". Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- Andy Gibb, "Time Is Time" chart positions Retrieved May 29, 2013
- Andy Gibb, Andy Gibb's Greatest Hits Retrieved May 29, 2013
- Andy Gibb, "Time Is Time" Retrieved May 29, 2013
- "Andy Gibb - Time Is Time". austriancharts.at. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "Andy Gibb - Time Is Time". officialcharts.de. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "US Charts > Andy Gibb". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- "Cashbox Top 100". Cashbox Magazines Archives. January 31, 1981. Archived from the original on 21 November 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "Songs Written by the Gibb Family on the International Charts" (PDF). brothersgibb.org. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|