Time Stand Still
|Time Stand Still|
|Studio album by The Hooters|
|Released|| September 14, 2007
February 5, 2008
|Recorded||October 2006 - May 2007|
|Label|| Neo/Sony BMG
|Producer||Eric Bazilian & Rob Hyman|
|The Hooters chronology|
|MelodicRock.com||VERY GOOD (80%) |
Time Stand Still is the sixth studio album by American rock band The Hooters, released in 2007.
The Hooters gathered in October 2006 at keyboard player Rob Hyman's Elmstreet Studios, in suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for the recording of basic tracks, followed by additional recording at guitarist Eric Bazilian's Red Door Recording studio.
Several of the songs on the album had been previewed during The Hooters' live shows in 2005 and 2006, with one of the tracks, "Until You Dare," originally recorded on Eric Bazilian's 2000 solo album The Optimist.
There is a cover version of Don Henley's 1984 song "The Boys of Summer" that came about as a result of Rob Hyman and Eric Bazilian being asked to participate in a show for the VH1 Save the Music Foundation in New York City, where bands from the 1980s were asked to play their own songs while also choosing a song that they wished that they had written from the 1980s. After performing the song as part of their live shows the previous two years, they decided to record a studio version for inclusion on the album.
The final mixes were completed in May 2007.
The album was commercially released in Germany, Austria and Switzerland on September 14, 2007, with pre-release copies available during the band's summer tour of Europe from June through August, featuring shows in Germany, Sweden, The Netherlands and Switzerland. The album was released in the United States on February 5, 2008 and was released in other countries in early 2008.
- "I'm Alive" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 4:08
- "Time Stand Still" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 3:52
- "The Boys of Summer" (Don Henley, Mike Campbell) - 4:58
- "Until I Find You Again" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 4:08
- "Until You Dare" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 4:47
- "Morning Buzz" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 3:38
- "Where The Wind May Blow" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 3:42
- "Catch of the Day" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 3:03
- "Ordinary Lives" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian, John Lilley) - 5:04
- "Free Again" (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 6:54
- "White Jeans" (hidden track) (Rob Hyman, Eric Bazilian) - 4:08
- Eric Bazilian: lead vocals, guitars, bass guitar, mandolin, harmonica, recorder, keyboards, piano, saxophone
- Rob Hyman: Lead vocals, keyboards, acoustic guitar, mandolin, accordion, melodica
- John Lilley: Guitar, mandolin, dobro
- Fran Smith Jr.: Bass guitar, vocals
- David Uosikkinen: drums
Producers: Eric Bazilian and Rob Hyman
Engineer: John O. Senior
Assistant engineer: Jesse Honig
Mastering: George Marino
Technician: Paul Hammond
Art Direction: Graham Perry
Photography: Lauren Lyons, Lisa Schaffer
Live Photos: Stephan Kohler, Hans-Georg Krumm, Candy Langbein, Douglas A. Lockard, Brigitte Morgenstern, Graham Perry