Time Travel Tondekeman
|Time Travel Tondekeman|
Time Travel Tondekeman DVD Cover
(Taimu Toraburu Tondekeman!)
|Genre||Science fiction, Adventure|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kunihiko Yuyama |
|Written by||Junki Takegami|
|Studio||Ashi Productions |
|Original network||Fuji Television|
|Original run||19 October 1989 – 26 August 1990|
Time Travel Tondekeman (たいむとらぶる トンデケマン! Taimu Toraburu Tondekeman) is an anime series directed by Kunihiko Yuyama and Akira Sugino. It was written by Junki Takegami and produced by Animax network president Masao Takiyama. Logo Cake Entertainment It was originally broadcast by Fuji Television in Japan between 19 October 1989 and 26 August 1990. Time Quest, as it was called outside Japan, was first aired in the Philippines in 1994 on IBC. It was reaired on ABC (now The 5 Network) in 2000 and GMA Network in 2015. It also was aired in Indosiar, Indonesia during 1995, and it was rerun in Space Toon Indonesia since the year 2008.
The series starts when Hayato, a soccer enthusiast, and his girlfriend Yumi, an aspiring musician, went to a visit to Dr. Leonard's lab. They accidentally activated the Tondekeman, a funny talking kettle who transported them many centuries in the past.
In Baghdad, Hayato and Yumi gets reunited but they got separated from Tondekeman. They meet Aladdin, Prince Dandarn and Princess Shalala. They also meet the cunning Abdullah who is always ready to kidnap the princess so that he could marry the princess to his master.
Our heroes get to go to different places and times and meet several historical and literary figures as they follow Abdullah as he escapes through time to abduct the princess.
Hayato and Yumi are stuck in the past until they get Tondekeman from the possession of Abdullah.
- Yūji Mitsuya as Hayato Shindou (A Soccer enthusiast.)
- Kumiko Nishihara as Yumi Arama (Hayato's girlfriend, Aspiring Musician.)
- Shigeru Chiba as Tondekeman (a Kettle-like time machine)
- Akira Kamiya as Prince Dandarn (The prince of Baghdad)
- Rei Sakuma as Princess Shalala (The princess of Baghdad)
- Yūko Mita as Aladdin (A thief child, He has a pet dragon named, Doromusko
- Junpei Takiguchi as Abdullah (A sorcerer at the Horrus Empire.)
- Shigeru Chiba as Dr. Leonardo (Inventor of Tondekeman. At the final episode, Dr. Leonardo reveal that he is Leonardo da Vinci.)
- Shigezou Sasaoka as Genie of the Lamp (A Superhero-like and laughter Genie.)
|Philippines||IBC (1994), ABC (now The 5 Network) (2000), GMA Network (2015)|
|Indonesia||Indosiar (1995), Space Toon (re-runs 2008)|