Time Will Tell (TV series)
|Time Will Tell|
|Presented by||Ernie Kovacs|
|Narrated by||Robert Russell|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Adams-Davis Productions|
|Original release||August 27 – October 15, 1954|
Time Will Tell is an early American game show which aired on the now-defunct DuMont Television Network Fridays at 10:30pm ET from August 27 to October 15, 1954. The show's host, Ernie Kovacs, would go on to host many other shows on both DuMont, ABC, and NBC.
The program, produced and distributed by the network, aired on most DuMont affiliates on Fridays at 10:30 pm Eastern Time, replacing Gamble on Love which was also hosted by Kovacs in the same time slot. After Time Will Tell ended, DuMont replaced the series with local (non-network) programming. For DuMont, Kovacs also hosted the panel show One Minute Please (July 1954-February 1955) and the late-night talk show The Ernie Kovacs Show (April 1954-April 1955).
DuMont, like NBC and CBS during the 1950s, probably kept at least one or two "example" episodes of each of its main game shows, though DuMont's exact policy is not known. However, DuMont's archive was destroyed after the network ceased broadcasting in 1956. Although a small number of DuMont game show episodes are known to exist in various archives, none are known to exist of either Time will Tell nor Gamble on Love.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1954-55 United States network television schedule
- McNeil, Alex (1980). Total Television (4th ed.). New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8.
- Schwartz, et al. p. 203
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
- David Schwartz, Steve Ryan and Fred Wostbrock (1995) The Encyclopedia of American Game Shows, Second edition (New York: Facts on File Inc., 1995) ISBN 0-8160-3094-4