Time and Frequency Standards Laboratory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Features of the Time and Frequency Standards Lab include:
- Four caesium and rubidium atomic clocks
- HF broadcast service operating at 10 MHz under call sign ATA to synchronise the user clock within a millisecond. This service has been discontinued as of today.
- An innovative time service via telephone line known as Teleclock service was launched on 28 July 2009. After successful commissioning this type of service in Nepal and Saudi Arabia, initiation of similar service in SAARC countries are being planned.
- INSAT satellite-based standard time and frequency broadcast service which offers IST correct to ±10 microsecond and frequency calibration up to ±10-10.
- Time and frequency calibrations are made with the help of pico- and nano-seconds time interval, frequency counters, and phase recorders.