Time and Tide (Greenslade album)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Time and Tide|
|Studio album by Greenslade|
|Recorded||Morgan Studios, London, February 1975|
|Producer||Martin Briley, Dave Greenslade, Dave Lawson, Andrew McCulloch|
Time and Tide is the fourth studio album of the British progressive rock band Greenslade, released in 1975 on Warner Bros. Records (Cat No. K 56126). The artwork for the album cover is by Patrick Woodroffe.
The album was released in the US on the Mercury Records label as SRM-1-1025.
An edited version of "Catalan" was released as a single, with "Animal Farm" as the B-side, but it failed to chart.
The track "Gangsters" was used as the theme music for the BBC TV series of the same name. Having written the theme in 1974 for a one-off programme “Gangsters”, in 1976 Dave Greenslade wrote lyrics for the tune. This version was recorded by Chris Farlowe and was used for the last series in 1978. The track was included, as a bonus track, on the CD re-issue of Dave's solo Cactus Choir album.
All music written by Dave Greenslade and all lyrics written by Dave Lawson, except where noted.
- "Animal Farm" (music: Lawson) – 3:22
- "Newsworth" – 3:10
- "Time" – 1:16
- "Tide" – 2:44
- "Catalan" – 5:03
- "The Flattery Stakes" – 3:30
- "Waltz for a Fallen Idol" - 3:18
- "The Ass's Ears" - 3:19
- "Doldrums" (music: Lawson) - 3:30
- "Gangsters" - 2:21
- Andrew McCulloch - drums, percussion
- Dave Lawson - keyboards (except on "Time", "Tide", and "Waltz for a Fallen Idol"), lead vocals
- Martin Briley - bass guitar, guitars, backing vocals
- Dave Greenslade - keyboards (except on "Animal Farm" and "Doldrums")
- Gregg Jackman - Producer/Engineer
- Jeremy Ensor - Producer
- Lindsay Kidd - Assistant Engineer
- "Dave Greenslade "Cactus Choir" - Angel Air Records". Angelair.co.uk. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
|This 1970s rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|