Time for Tyner
|Time for Tyner|
|Studio album by McCoy Tyner|
|Recorded||17 May 1968
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs
|McCoy Tyner chronology|
Time for Tyner is the ninth album by jazz pianist McCoy Tyner and his third released on the Blue Note label. It was recorded in May 1968 and features performances by Tyner with Bobby Hutcherson, Herbie Lewis and Freddie Waits.
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
The Penguin Guide to Jazz selected this album as part of its suggested "Core Collection" calling it "a powerhouse performance from first to last." The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow calls the album "A fine all-round showcase for McCoy Tyner in the late '60s".
- "African Village" - 12:11
- "Little Madimba" - 8:34
- "May Street" - 5:22
- "I Didn't Know What Time It Was" (Hart, Rodgers) - 7:10
- "The Surrey with the Fringe on Top" (Hammerstein, Rodgers) - 5:12
- "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face" (Lerner, Loewe) - 4:27
- All compositions by McCoy Tyner except as indicated
- McCoy Tyner - piano
- Bobby Hutcherson - vibes (tracks 1-4)
- Herbie Lewis - bass (tracks 1-5)
- Freddie Waits - drums (tracks 1-5)
- Allmusic Review
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 194. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2006) . "McCoy Tyner". The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (8th. ed.). New York: Penguin. p. 1310. ISBN 0-14-102327-9.
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed 20 February 2009.