Time in Ethiopia
Date and time notation
Almost all Ethiopians use a 12-hour clock system. The daytime cycle begins at dawn 12:00 (6:00:00 AM EAT) and ends at dusk 11:59:59 (5:59:59 PM EAT). The night time cycle begins at dusk 12:00 (6:00:00 PM EAT) and ends at dawn 11:59:59 (5:59:59 AM EAT). The convention is that the day begins at 1:00 o'clock in the morning according to the 12 hour cycle (7:00 AM EAT) rather than midnight (12:00 AM EAT). Therefore, the local population could be said to effectively observe UTC-03:00 rather than UTC+03:00 in terms of the numbering of hours and their association with 24-hour days, with the exception of the hour from 6:00 AM EAT to 6:59 AM EAT.
- "Ethiopia Time Zone - Ethiopia Current Time". www.timetemperature.com.
- ISO 3166-2:ET#Current codes
- "Daylight Saving Time Changes 2020 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia". www.timeanddate.com.
- "Travel Tips".
- "Green Land Tours and Travel, services with utmost satisfaction in Ethiopia". www.greenlandethiopia.com. Archived from the original on 2007-11-14.
- "If you have a meeting in Ethiopia, you'd better double check the time". The World (radio program). 2015-01-30. Archived from the original on 2015-02-01.