Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up time scale in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Time scale may refer to:
- Time standard, a specification of either the rate at which time passes, points in time, or both
- A duration or quantity of time:
- Geological time scale, a scale that divides up the history of Earth into scientifically meaningful periods
In astronomy and physics:
- Dynamical time scale, in stellar physics, the time in which changes in one part of a body can be communicated to the rest of that body, or in celestial mechanics, a realization of a time-like argument based on a dynamical theory
- Nuclear timescale, an estimate of the lifetime of a star based solely on its rate of fuel consumption
- Thermal time scale, an estimate of the lifetime of a star once the fuel reserves at its center are used up
In cosmology and particle physics:
- Planck time, the time scale beneath which quantum effects are comparable in significance to gravitational effects
- Time-scale calculus, the unification of the theory of difference equations with differential equations
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Time scale.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.