A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Alexander Tuschinski|
|Produced by||Alexander Tuschinski|
|Written by||Alexander Tuschinski|
Alliene Hochrein Gunn
|Edited by||Alexander Tuschinski|
Timeless is a 2016 German science fiction film directed by Alexander Tuschinski. Besides many German actors, it stars Helmut Berger , Harry Lennix, Rick Shapiro, Angus Macfadyen and Zachi Noy. It had its world premiere at Paris Independent Film Festival on November 27, 2016.
The film is about a young man, Arnold Richter, who suddenly travels in time from Germany 1932 to a near-future where a new dictatorship rises. There, he gets involved in many different events and adventures, which lead to a full-blown revolution being started.
The production is filmed in Germany. The cast mostly consists of German actors, along with Helmut Berger, Harry Lennix, Rick Shapiro, Angus Macfadyen and Zachi Noy. Additionally, film directors Tinto Brass and Hugo Niebeling appear in the film. Alexander Tuschinski wrote many major parts specifically with the actors portraying them in mind, and worked on the characters in close connection with the actors during preparation and during filming.
For sequences set on the Eastern Front in 1945, the film uses one of the few drivable Soviet T-34/85 tanks in Germany. Those scenes were filmed near Dresden. Sequences depicting American troops on the Western Front in 1944 were filmed in an old factory building in Stuttgart
The film was scheduled to have its world premiere in 2016. After multipe festival screenings in 2017 (among them at Berlin Independent Film Festival and Hollywood Reel Independent Film Festival where it won "Best International Film") it was released on amazon in January 2018.
- "Helmut Berger holt Ehemann auf die Leinwand". BILD (Bundesausgabe). Germany. August 5, 2015.
- "Zeitreise: Helmut Berger". Hörzu, p. 4/5. Germany. 28 May 2016.
- "myparisianlife.com: Announcement of the premiere in Paris". Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- "Plusinsight: Article about the film "Gold." from June 2015, also mentioning "Timeless"". Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Alexander Tuschinski – Article about filming Helmut Berger from August 2015" (PDF). Retrieved August 8, 2015.
- "L'Écran Fantastique: Article about Timeless and its world premiere in Paris (French)". Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "oe24.at: Florian Wess wird jetzt Filmstar. Article about the film". Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Berlin Independent Film Festival. Screening schedule 2017". Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "German press release about Timeless winning in Hollywood". Retrieved 11 January 2018.