Timeline of Ahmadiyya history
The timeline of Ahmadiyya history began in 1889 when the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community was established in Qadian, a village of India (then British Raj). It is now a worldwide community consisting of members from over 200 nations.
| Part of a series on:
- 1 1889
- 2 1891
- 3 1892
- 4 1893
- 5 1894
- 6 1895
- 7 1896
- 8 1897
- 9 1898
- 10 1899
- 11 1900
- 12 1901
- 13 1902
- 14 1903
- 15 1905
- 16 1906
- 17 1907
- 18 1908
- 19 1909
- 20 1910
- 21 1911
- 22 1912
- 23 1913
- 24 1913
- 25 1914
- 26 1915
- 27 1916
- 28 1917
- 29 1919
- 30 1920
- 31 1921
- 32 1922
- 33 1924
- 34 1925
- 35 1926
- 36 1926
- 37 1927
- 38 1928
- 39 1929
- 40 1930
- 41 1931
- 42 1932
- 43 1934
- 44 1938
- 45 1939
- 46 1940
- 47 1944
- 48 1947
- 49 1948
- 50 1953
- 51 1954
- 52 1957
- 53 1965
- 54 1966
- 55 1967
- 56 1968
- 57 1969
- 58 1970
- 59 1972
- 60 1974
- 61 1982
- 62 1983
- 63 1984
- 64 1985
- 65 1986
- 66 1987
- 67 1988
- 68 1989
- 69 1991
- 70 1992
- 71 1993
- 72 1994
- 73 1994
- 74 1999
- 75 2000
- 76 2001
- 77 2003
- 78 2004
- 79 2005
- 80 2006
- 81 2007
- 82 2008
- 83 2010
- 84 References
- 85 External links
- 23 March: Inception of Ahmadiyya movement by first initiation into the community by the hand of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad at Ludhiana.
- Mirza Ghulam Ahmad claims to be Promised Messiah and Imam Mahdi.
- 27 December: First Jalsa Salana (Annual Ahmadiyya Convention) at Qadian.
- 10 December: First Mubahala issued.
- Jang: a debate between the Promised Messiah(as) and the Christian missionary Abdullah Atham.
- Lunar and solar eclipse during the month of Ramadhan: Prophecy by Hazrat Muhammad(sa) for Promised Messiah and Mahdi fulfilled.
- Library and Zia ul Islam Press established at Qadian.
- Mirza Ghulam Ahmad visits Dera Baba Nanak.
- Great Conference of Religions at Lahor: Address by The Promised Messiah later published under title 'The Philosophy of the Teachings of Islam'.
- Al Hakam issued.
- Fulfillment of the prophecy about Lekh Ram.
- Foundation of Talim ul Islam School.
- Compilation of the book Jesus in India.
- 4 November: First appointed the name 'Ahmadiyya'.
- First martyrdom of Ahmadiyya: Mian Abdur Rahman in Afghanistan.
- Publication started of magazine The Review of Religion.
- 'Al Wasiyyat' (The Will) published.
- 29 January: Formation of Sadr Anjuman.
- 1 March: Publication of Tasheezul Azhan.
- Formal scheme of enrolling members for dedication of their lives in cause of Ahmadiyyat started.
- 26 May: Demise of Promised Messiah, Imam Mahdi Mirza Ghulam Ahmad
- 27 May: Establishment of Ahmadiyya Khilafat (Caliphate) by election of Al-Hajj Maulana Hafiz Hakeem Noor-ud-Din as Khalifatul Masih I.
- 1 March: Establishment of Madrassa Ahmadiyya.
- Foundation of the boarding section of the Taleem ul Islam High School.
- Ansarullah Established.
- First Missionary appointed to the UK: Fateh Muhammad Sayaal Sahib.
- 19 June: First publication of the Al Fazl.
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Community established in Bengal (now Bangladesh) through Syed Abdul Wahed of Brahmanbaria.
- 13 March: Demise of Al-Hajj Maulana Hafiz Hakeem Noor-ud-Din, Khalifatul Masih I.
- 14 March: Mirza Basheer-ud-Din Mahmood Ahmad elected Khalifatul Masih II.
- Mission established in Ceylon and Mauritius.
- April: Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at came to Nigeria by Hazrat Maolana Abdur Raheem Nayyar.
- December: Minaratul Masih completed.
- Noor Hospital Qadian: Foundation and opening.
- Nazirs (Officials) appointed for the Sadr Anjuman.
- First Mission In USA: Established by Hazrat Mufti Mohammad Sadiq.
- First Missionary to West Africa: Hazrat Maulana Abdur Rahim Nayyar.
- 25 December: Establishment of Lajna Ima'illah.
- Majlis e Shoora(Consulting body): First meeting.
- Khalifatul Masih II accompanied by 12 eminent Ahmadis, visited various Middle Eastern and European countries.
- 23 September: Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II addressed at World Conference of Religion.
- 19 October: Foundation stone laid for London's Fazl Mosque.
- 10 December: First Missionary to USSR Maulana Zahoor Hossain.
- Beginning of Qadha (Judicial department).
- Syria Mission: Established by Maulana Jalal ud-din Shams Waliullah Shah Sahib.
- Foundation of a school for ladies.
- First Missionary to Indonesia : Hazrat Maulana Rahmat Ali H.A.O.T.
- Fazl Mosque: Opened.
- Misbah magazine: Publication started.
- Amatul Hayy Library opened in Qadian.
- 20 May: Jamia Ahmadiyya (training center for missionaries)opened.
- 17 June: Seerat un Nabi conference beginning.
- Khalifatul Masih's special letter distributed to Hindu leaders at the meeting of the Congress.
- Ladies participated in the proceeding of Majlis e Shoora.
- First installation of the telephone in some of the central offices in Qadian.
- Launched 'The Tehrik-e-Jedid, means 'The New Scheme'.
- 31 January Establishment of 'Majlis Khuddam-ul Ahmadiyya', suborganizations of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
- Establishment of Nasiratul Ahmadiyya, suborganaization of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
- 28 December: Flag of Ahmadiyyat hoisting for the first time.
- Introduction of the Hijri Calendar based on solar year by Hazrat Mirza Basheer-ud-Din Mahmood Ahmad.
- Establishment of Majlis Ansarullah, suborganaization of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
- Announcement of fulfillment of the prophecy of Promised Son in the person of Mirza Basheer-ud-Din Mahmood Ahmad.
- Migration to Pakistan: Partition of Pakistan and India, Jama'at migrated to Pakistan kept 313 men known as Dervishes in Qadian to guard the sites holy to Ahmadis.
- Riots: There were severe agitations against the Ahmadis in which street protests were held, political rallies were carried out and inflammatory articles were published. These agitations led to 2,000 Ahmadiyya deaths. Consequently, martial law was established and the federal cabinet was dismissed by the Governor General.
- 10 March: Assassination attempt on Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II.
- Launched 'The Waqf-e-Jedid', means 'The new dedication'.
- 7 November: Demise of Hazrat Mirza Basheer-ud-Din Mahmood Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih II.
- 8 November: Hazrat Mirza Nasir Ahmad elected Khalifatul Masih III.
- Introduction of the Taalimul Quran Scheme.
- 18 March: Introduction of the Waqfe Aarzi scheme.
- A Message of peace & A Word of Warning: Historic Address delivered by Hazrat Mirza Nasir Ahmad at the Wandsworth Town Hall.
- Formal establishment of the Association in Canada.
- Khuddamul Ahmadiyya Library: Opened in Awan e Mahmood at Rabwah.
- Africa Tour: First time by a Khalifa.
- Nusrat jahan Scheme: Launched.
- Masjid-e-Aqsa Rabwah: Opened.
- 7 September: Pakistani Parliament passed an amendment to the Constitution declaring the adherents of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat non-Muslims.
- 9 June: Demise of Mirza Nasir Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih III.
- 10 June: Mirza Tahir Ahmad elected Khalifatul Masih IV.
- Opening of the first worship place in Australia.
- 16 April: General Zia ul Haq passed Ordinance XX, the anti-Ahmadiyya legislature.
- Khalifatul Masih migrated to London, Uk.
- April: First Annual Gathering presence of Khalifatul Masih at Islamabad, UK.
- Bilal Fund: Inauguration for the assistance of the families of the victims of Pakistani regime.
- 3 April: Khalifatul Masih IV declared Waqfe Nau Scheme.
- Challenge for Mubahala: Destruction of Zia ul Haq.
- 23 March: Celebration of Golden Jubilee of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community performed.
- 100th Jalsa Salana Qadian, attended by Khalifatul Masih. Confirmation of the Waqf-e-nau Scheme by Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih 4th
- 21 August: Mirza Tahir Ahmad launched first ever Muslim Television channel Muslim Television Ahmadiyya (MTA) from London.
- July: First International Baiat took place in Jalsa Salana Uk.
- 14 October: Inauguration of Bait al-Rahman worship place in USA.
- 24 hours transmission of Muslim Television Ahmadiyya begins.
- Al Fazl International started publication from London.
- Establishment of Humanity First.
- 8 October: Bomb blast in Khulna Ahmadiyya Mosque killed 7 people with wounded several.
- First visit to Indonesia by Khalifatul Masih.
- 81,006,721 International Bai'ats.
- Maryam Shaadi Fund launched by Hazrat Khalifatul Masih.
- 19 April: Demise of Mirza Tahir Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih IV.
- 22 April: Mirza Masroor Ahmad elected Khalifatul Masih V. Secretary Majlis-e-Shura Ataul Mujeeb Rashed Sahib announced election result of Khalifatul Masih that night as follows:
It is announced for the information of all members of the worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Community that following the Maghrib and Isha prayers, the Majlis Intikhab Khilafat (the Electoral College) established by Hadrat Khalifatul Masih II, Musleh Maud (the Promised Reformer) convened at the Fazl Mosque London today, Tuesday 22 April 2003, under the chairmanship of Respected Chaudhry Hameed Ullah Sahib. Pursuant to the rules and regulations, each member took an oath of allegiance to Khilafat-i-Ahmadiyya. After this, they elected the most respected Sahibzada Mirza Masroor Ahmad as Khalifatul Masih V. The members of the Majlis Intikhab Khilafat immediately had the honour of taking the pledge of initiation at the blessed hand of Hadhrat Amir al-Mu'minin Khalifatul Masih V, may Allah assist him with His Mighty help and Allah grant him a long life, and have also had the honour of meeting Hadhrat Amir al-Mu'minin.
Alhamdulillah. May Allah the Exalted in approval make this election most blessed. Ameen. Our Merciful and Gracious God! O our Noble and Loving Lord, we are grateful to You that You have bestowed us with Your Grace and the Second Manifestation and have once again changed our state of fear to that of peace. O our Possessor of Power and Authority and Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining God, we bear witness that once again Your Messiah and Mahdi’s prophecy as stated in the journal Al-Wasiyyathas materialised with full glory and magnificence.— Ataul Mujeeb Rashed, Secretary Majlis-e-Shura, After the election of Khalifatul Masih V on 22 April 2003
- September: Establishment of Jamia Ahmadiyya Canada, regular class began from 7 September.
- 23 April: Launched MTA 2.
- Khalifatul Masih V attended Qadian Jalsa.
- Establishment Of Jamia Ahmadiyya Bangladesh.
- 23 March: Launched of MTA 3.
- Celebration of 100 years of Ahmadiyya Khilafat.
- "Founding of Ahmadiyya Jamaat".
- Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A., eds. (2012). "Ahmadiya". Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Ahmadiyya: Information from". Answers.com. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Smith, C. M. "Sun, solar eclipse of, 1894 September 29, observed at Madras". Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. 55: 77–78. Bibcode:1894MNRAS..55...77S. doi:10.1093/mnras/55.2.77. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Ahmadiyya Muslim Community". The Review of Religions. 22 February 1937. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Martyred for being Ahmadi Sahibzada Abdul Lateef Shaheed". Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (Indian Muslim leader) - Britannica Online Encyclopedia". Britannica.com. 26 May 1908. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Ahmadiyya." The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2011 from Encyclopedia.com: http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1E1-Ahmadiyy.html
- A Brief History of Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam: First Journey to London
- Sawan-e-Fazl-e-Umar, vol.3, p.260
- "Establishment of Rabwah".
- Library of Congress Country Studies: Pakistan - Jamaat-i-Islami
- "Ahmadiyya." The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2008. Encyclopedia.com. 29 December 2011 <http://www.encyclopedia.com>.
- "A Brief History of Ahmadiyya Movement In Islam: Muslim Television Ahmadiyya". Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- "Obituaries: Deaths Last Week". Chicago Tribune. 11 May 2003. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad | Fifth Khalifa of Ahmadiyya Community | Current Head of Ahmadiyya Community". Alislam.org. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Ahmaddiya.ca". Ahmadiyya.ca. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Independent, UK - 27 May 2008
- http://www.alislam.org/egazette/press-release/clarification-86-ahmadis-died-in-the-lahore-attacks/. Missing or empty
- http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=104400. Missing or empty