Timeline of LGBT Mormon history
|LGBT Mormon topics|
|Latter Day Saint movement portal|
Below is a series of timelines of LGBT Mormon history consisting of events, publications, and speeches about LGBTQ+ individuals, topics around sexual orientation and gender minorities, and the community of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). Although the historical record is often scarce, evidence points to queer individuals having existed in the Mormon community since its beginnings and to leaders being against homosexual sexual behavior. LDS leadership started to more regularly address topics regarding the LGBT community in public in the late 1950s.: 375, 377 : v, 3 : 170 Since 1970, the LDS Church has had at least one official publication or speech from a high-ranking leader referencing LGBT topics every year, and a greater number of LGBT Mormon and former Mormon individuals have received media coverage.
The timeline is divided into the following parts for readability. Each part is linked below:
- LGBT Mormon history in the 1800s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 1900s to 1940s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 1950s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 1960s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 1970s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 1980s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 1990s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 2000s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 2010s
- LGBT Mormon history in the 2020s
- Homosexuality and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Law of adoption (Mormonism)
- LGBT rights in Utah
- LGBT Mormon suicides
- List of Christian denominational positions on homosexuality
- Mormonism in the 19th century
- Mormonism in the 20th century
- Mormonism in the 21st century
- Sexuality and Mormonism
- Utah Constitutional Amendment 3
- ^ Quinn, D. Michael (1996). Same-Sex Dynamics among Nineteenth-Century Americans: A Mormon Example. University of Illinois Press. ISBN 978-0252022050.
- ^ Winkler, Douglas A. (May 2008). Lavender Sons of Zion: A History of Gay Men in Salt Lake City, 1950--1979. Salt Lake City, Utah: University of Utah Department of History. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- ^ Young, Neil J. (1 July 2016). Out of Obscurity: Mormonism Since 1945. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0199358229. Retrieved 26 May 2017.