Timeline of Xiaomi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Year||Month and date||Event type||Details|
|2010||April 6||Company||Xiaomi is co-founded by eight partners.|
|2010||August 16||Product||Xiaomi officially launches its first Android-based firmware MIUI.|
|2010||December||Funding||Xiaomi raises $41 million in funding from its Series A round.|
|2011||August||Product||The Xiaomi Mi1 smartphone is announced. It is shipped with Xiaomi's MIUI firmware, based on Android, and resembles both Samsung's TouchWiz and Apple's iOS.|
|2011||December||Funding||Xiaomi raises $90 million in funding from its Series B round.|
|2012||June||Funding||Xiaomi raises $216 million in funding from its Series C round.|
|2012||August||Product||Xiaomi announces the Xiaomi Mi2 smartphone. The phone is the first phone to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064, a 1.5 GHz quad-core Krait chip featuring with 2 GB of RAM and the Adreno 320 GPU.|
|2013||September||Product||Xiaomi announces the Mi3 phone, with one version powered by the Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974AB) and another version by NVIDIA's Tegra 4 chipset.|
|2013||September 25||Company||Xiaomi announces plans to open its first service center in Beijing.|
|2014||February||Internationalization||Xiaomi announces its expansion outside China, with its first stop in Singapore.|
|2014||March 17||Product||Xiaomi announces the RedMi Note phablet (known as HongMi Note in some Asian markets). The RedMi Note has a 5.5-inch HD display with OGS technology and an octa-core processor from MediaTek.|
|2014||April||Company||Xiaomi purchases the Internet domain mi.com for a record US$3.6 million, the most expensive domain name ever bought in China, replacing xiaomi.com as the official Xiaomi domain.|
|2014||August||Product||Xiaomi releases the Xiaomi Mi 4i.|
|2014||November||Product||Xiaomi announces it will invest US$1 billion in television content building.|
|2014||December||Funding||Xiaomi completes a round of equity financing led by Hong Kong-based technology fund All-Stars Investment Limited, a fund run by former Morgan Stanley analyst Richard Ji raising over US$1 billion|
|2015||March||Product||Xiaomi announces that it will start selling the Yi Camera.|
|2015||April||International||Xiaomi expands into India, announcing that it will make its Mi devices available through two of India's major e-commerce sites, and through offline retailers for the first time.|
|2015||June 30||International||Xiaomi announces its expansion into Brazil with the launch of locally manufactured Redmi 2, the first time the company sells a smartphone outside Asia or assembles one outside China.|
|2016||March 3||Product||Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 3 Pro in India.The First smartphone to powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor.|
|2016||February 26||Product||Xiaomi launches the Mi5, with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820.|
|2016||May 10||Product||Xiaomi launches the Mi Max, with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 650/652 processor.|
|2016||October 26||Product||Xiaomi launches the Mi MIX, with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor.|
|2017||April 19||Product||Xiaomi launches the Mi6, with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor including the latest MIUI 9.|
- "Xiaomi". CB. Retrieved June 12, 2016.
- "小米联合创始人、副总裁洪锋谈MIUI设计成长之路". csdn.net. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- "Xiaomi Phone with MIUI OS: a $310 Android with 1.5GHz dual-core SoC and other surprises". Engadget. August 16, 2011.
- "Xiaomi Phone 2 Review". engadget. 2012-11-14. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "Xiaomi Announces the MI3 - Tegra 4 and MSM8974AB inside". AnandTech. September 5, 2013.
- Bischoff, Paul. "Xiaomi opens biggest ever service center in Beijing, looks like a store". Techinasia.com. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "Xiaomi to Set Up International Headquarters in Singapore". 19 February 2014. Hardwarezone. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "XiaoMi CEO Lei Jun Unveils RedMi Note (aka HongMi Note) And Partial Specs". Archived from the original on 2014-03-17.
- "XiaoMi Purchased Mi.com Domain For A Record $3.6 Million, New URL For Global Users". Archived from the original on 2014-08-12.
- "Xiaomi Mi 4 - Full phone specifications". Gsmarena.com. Retrieved June 12, 2016.
- "China's Xiaomi says to invest $1 billion in TV content building". Reuters. 4 November 2014. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "The 'Apple Of China' Raises Over $1 Billion, Valuation Skyrockets To More Than $45 Billion". www.businessinsider.com. 2014-12-20. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Why Xiaomi Terrifies the Rest of the Tech World". Time.com. Retrieved June 12, 2016.
- Russell, Jon. "Xiaomi Expands Its Online Retail Channels In India And Inks First Offline Sales Deals". TechCrunch. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- Chao, Loretta (1 July 2015). "Xiaomi Launches Its First Smartphone Outside Asia". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to launch in India on March 3".
- "Xiaomi Mi 5 - Full phone specifications". Gsmarena.com. Retrieved June 12, 2016.
- "Xiaomi Mi Max - Full phone specifications". Gsmarena.com. Retrieved June 12, 2016.
- "Xiaomi Mi MIX - Full phone specifications". Gsmarena.com. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- Edited by Dhananjay Mandole