June 4, 2008
|Managing editors||Heather Buckner|
|Headquarters||811 Greenhill Blvd. NW
Fort Payne, Alabama, 35967
The Times-Journal is a daily newspaper published in Fort Payne, Alabama and serving the DeKalb County, Alabama region. The Times-Journal is a Southern Newspapers publication. The Times-Journal resulted from the merger in 1959 of the Fort Payne Journal, first published in 1878, and the Times-New Era. The latter newspaper was the product of the 1951 merger of The DeKalb Times and The Collinsville New Era.
Of the 25 daily newspapers published in Alabama, the Times-Journal has the nineteenth highest daily circulation.
The Times-Journal has won numerous awards from state newspaper associations, such as the Alabama Press Association and the Associated Press Managing Editors.
The Weekly Post was a weekly newspaper published in Rainsville, Alabama, by Southern Newspapers and serving the DeKalb County, Alabama region. It was founded in 1986 by Carey and Teri Baker. In 2010 the Times-Journal absorbed the smaller sister-paper, the Weekly Post.
- Alabama Department of Archives and History: Newspapers on Microfilm
- Alabama Department of Archives and History: Hardbound Newspapers
- Alabama Press Association: 2008 Ratesheet
- "Alabama APME Contest Winners," Mobile Press-Register, May 4, 2008, p. B2
- "Weekly Post, Times-Journal merge". The Weekly Post. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- Official website (Archive)
|This article about an Alabama newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|