Times-News (Burlington, North Carolina)
The June 27, 2017, front page of
|Owner(s)||New Media Investment Group|
|Founded||January 18, 1923 (as Burlington Daily News)|
|Headquarters||707 S. Main Street, Burlington, North Carolina United States|
This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The weekly Here & Now page, a national award winner, is written by high school students. Through its guest columnist program, the paper has had as many as 20 local columnists published per month. The Times-News is also committed to a strong internet presence. The paper's Web site contains a broad spectrum of local information, news, and community submitted content.
In addition to annual state press association awards, The Times-News is a Best of Freedom winner this year.[when?] The paper is frequently honored for its columns, editorials and graphics.[by whom?] It has also won awards in the NNA's Better Newspaper Contest for general excellence, best sports section, photography and writing.
- Cresenzo, Bill (2017-03-06). "Veteran editor to join Times-News". The Times News. Burlington, North Carolina: The Times News.
Rich Jackson, a veteran journalist and editor with 25 years of experience, has been named executive editor of the Times-News.
- "Alamance County, N.C. Newspapers". North Carolina Newspaper Project. State Library of North Carolina and North Carolina State Archives. Archived from the original on October 10, 2008.
- "2015 Rate Card" (PDF). Times-News_(Burlington,_North_Carolina). Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Media Information". GateHouse Media. GateHouse Media. Archived from the original on 2016-06-11. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
The Times-News, established in 1887, is based in Burlington, North Carolina and is Alamance County’s number one source for news, advertising, and entertainment.
- Freedom announces sale of Florida, N.C. properties to Halifax Media Group Archived June 4, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- New Media Announces Agreement to Acquire Halifax Media Group for $280.0 Million
|This article about a North Carolina newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|