|Industry||Music and entertainment|
|Headquarters||The Times of India Building, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Mandar Thakur (Chief Operating Officer), Times Music|
|Parent||The Times Group|
Times Music, a division of The Times Group, is an Indian record label and music publisher. Headquartered in Mumbai, Times Music started operations in 1998 and has a catalogue of more than 60,000 tracks in all languages and genres. Times Music is also the Indian sub-publisher for global music publishing firms Warner/Chappell Music, Peermusic, Wixen Music, CTM Publishing and Cloud 9 Music Publishing. Times Music was one of the early pioneers of remixes in India and was an early leader in the devotional and spiritual music genre. The label has also published regional, folk, Bollywood and traditional albums in languages such as Telugu, Punjabi, Bengali, Gujarati, Assamese and Kannada and has a strong regional presence.
Times Music was established in 1998 under the leadership of Arun Arora, who was then the President and Executive Director of The Times of India and Times Global Broadcasting Co. Ltd. In 2000, the Indian music industry was ruled by Bollywood and International Music. The intent of the label was to create albums tailored to appeal to the discerning audience, which resulted in Times Music the concepts of spiritual, world and remix music in India.
In 2009 Times Music become the first music company in India to introduce Brainwave Sound Technology album called Bhakti Band. This was a fusion devotional/spiritual album. The album was composed by Vaibhav Saxena.
In 2007, Times Music launched its independent Hindi and regional film music label, Junglee Music, to capitalise on the popularity of commercial film music. Junglee Music started with Welcome and followed it up with titles like Singh Is Kinng, Horn 'Ok' Pleassss, Dasvidaniya, Pink, Dhanak, Begum Jaan and Romeo Akbar Walter as well as southern film titles. Later Junglee Music also published music for Raja Natwarlal and Haider. The label also made its mark in regional films especially in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, Gujarati, Rajasthani and Urdu.
|2008||Singh Is Kinng|
|2013||Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns|
|2017||Sachin: A Billion Dreams|
|2019||Romeo Akbar Walter|
|2013||Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde|
|2014||Run Raja Run|
|2017||Intlo Deyyam Nakem Bhayam|
|2017||Jaya Janaki Nayaka|
|2017||Nene Raju Nene Mantri|
|2014||Un Samayal Arayil|
|2014||Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam|
|2016||Hello Naan Pei Pesuren|
|2017||Hara Hara Mahadevaki|
|2017||Nene Raju Nene Mantri|
|2012||Nana Life Alli|
|2018||Hottegagi Genu Battegagi|
|2008||Mon Amour: Shesher Kobita Revisited|
|2015||Jomer Raja Dilo Bor|
|2015||Natoker Moto - Like a Play|
|2013||Tumi Jodi Kuwa|
|2016||Gaane Ki Aane|
|2017||Dooronir Nirola Poja|
|2010||G Deep||"O Billo"|
|2015||Navv Inder||"Wakhra Swag"|
|2016||Teesha Nigam||"Katna Nai"|
|2016||Big Dhillon||"Hauli Hauli"|
|2016||Roshan Prince||"Jatti De Nain"|
|2017||T-Jay and Mellow D||"Xplain"|
|2017||Navv Inder||"Tu mere ki Lagdi"|
|2018||Teefa in Trouble|
Electronic dance music
Times Music started importing and licensing electronic dance music releases in India in 2006. The label signed license deals with EDM labels such as Black Hole Recordings, Anjunabeats, Hommegga & Toco Asia. Times Music also released albums by artists such as Tiësto, Paul van Dyk, ATB, Above & Beyond and Skazi.
Times Music has been associated with independent (indie) music since the late 1990s and early 2000s. It was one of the first publishers of indie music in India, even before the term was coined by the music industry. Times Music has worked with iconic bands such as Indian Ocean, MIDIval Punditz, Mrigya, Viva and Band of Boys. Other prominent artists are Karsh Kale, Susheela Raman, Angaraag Mahanta and Kumar Bhabesh.
Times Living was earlier known as Times Wellness, a division of Times Music, which was established in 2006. Times Living features products which include yoga, spirituality, diet and nutrition and modern forms of physical fitness. The record label has also released DVDs and albums by spiritual groups like Art of Living foundation, Brahma Kumaris and Isha Foundation.
Genre-based mobile apps
Times Music was the first record label to launch music apps for mobiles that were specific for particular genres. The label has apps that supports Android and iOS devices. Times Music has a collection of music apps varying from devotional, classical to Bollywood. Recently, Sunny Leone and Mickey Mehta came out with a fitness app and the DVD Super Hot Sunny Mornings for women of all age groups.
Awards and achievements
- Best New Age Album Trophy at 57th Grammy Awards to Ricky Kej for Winds of Samsara
- Best background score trophy at the Mirchi Music Awards 2015 to Vishal Bhardwaj for Haider
- Best background score trophy to Vishal Bharadwaj at GIMA 2015 for Haider
- Best rock album trophy at GIMA 2015 to Mihir Joshi Band for Mumbai Blues
- National Award 2015 for best music director to Vishal Bhardwaj for Haider
- National Award 2015 for best singer to Sukhwinder Singh for Haider
- Times Music albums won three slots on iTunes' "Best of 2014" list:
- Best Album: Haider
- Best IndiPop Album: Indian Ocean's Tandanu
- Devotional Spiritual Superlikes
- Ananthaal selected as Apple's "Best Indian Pop Album" of 2015
- Ananthaal won the Best Video award for the song "Inayat" at the Radio City Freedom Awards 2016 
- Indian Ocean won the Jury's Choice award for Best Fusion Artiste at the 2016 Radio City Freedom Awards
- "Mandar Thakur to join Times Music as COO". www.radiomusic.com. 14 December 2010.
- Deshpande, Swati (23 August 2002). "T-Series restrained from infringing Times Music copyrights". The Times of India.
- "'Hamari Atariya Pe' Ft. Lopamudra Raut is a sensuous love ballad you can't miss". www.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 7 June 2019.
- "Top DJs ready for war of the beats". The Times of India. 13 May 2003.
- Priya, Tanu (28 May 2009). "Rock band ki jagah Bhakti Band". YouTube (Aaj Tak News).
- Reporter (5 July 2009). "sangeet se milegi mansik shanti". Dainik Jagran. Retrieved 14 April 2020.
- "Assamese: Times Music Online". Times Music. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Mrigya's second album documents what its music represents". www.radioandmusic.com. 17 December 2015.
- Fernandes, Kasmin (19 January 2016). "New York-based Indian musician Karsh Kale going back to his roots". The Times of India.
- "Mandar Thakur mentions about availability of user specific apps and future of mobile apps with launch of 4G in India". www.radioandmusic.com. 5 December 2011.
- "Times Music launches exclusive mobile apps for the Diwali festive season". www.radioandmusic.com. 9 November 2015.
- "Times Music releases Wellness mobile app". www.radioandmusic.com. 11 July 2011.
- Bhalla, Nikita (14 September 2015). "Now see Sunny Leone working out in Super Hot Sunny Mornings". India Today.
- "Grammy Awards 2015: Bengaluru-based Ricky Kej's Winds Of Samsara wins award". India Today. 9 February 2015.
- "Winners of 7th Mirchi Music Awards 2015". www.trendinginsocial.com. 25 February 2015.
- RnMTeam (25 February 2015). "Amit Trivedi and Queen are major winners at GiMA Awards 2015". www.radioandmusic.com.
- Express News Service (24 March 2015). "62nd National Film Awards' winners: 'Haider' wins five, Kangana Ranaut's 'Queen' two". The Indian Express.
- TNN (15 December 2014). "Times Music albums bag 3 slots on iTunes Best of 2014 list". The Times of India.
- RnMTeam (28 December 2015). "'Ananthaal' selected as Apple's 'Best Indian Pop Album' of 2015". www.radioandmusic.com.
- RnMTeam (24 February 2016). "Radio City Freedom Awards: 'Mumbai's finest' grab three honours". www.radioandmusic.com.