|Initial release||1987(Atari ST)|
Publisher 4.6 (Windows) / 2009
|Operating system||Graphics Environment Manager, Mac OS, Microsoft Windows|
|License||Proprietary commercial software|
Timeworks Desktop Publisher
The TOS version of Timeworks relied on the GDOS software components, which were available from Atari but were often distributed with applications that required them. GDOS provided TOS/GEM with a standardized method for installing printer drivers and additional fonts, although these were limited to bitmapped fonts in all but the later releases. GDOS had a reputation for being difficult to configure, used a lot of system resources and was fairly buggy, meaning that Timeworks could struggle to run on systems without a hard disk and less than 2 MB of memory - but it was possible, and for many users Timeworks was an inexpensive introduction to desktop publishing.
In the US, Timeworks Inc. marketed the program as Publish-It!. Released in 1988, there were versions available for IBM PC (running over the GEM Environment), Apple Macintosh, and Apple II (Enhanced IIe or better) computers.
- 1987 - Timeworks Publisher (IBM PC, Atari ST)
- 1987 - Timeworks Publish-It! 1.12 (IBM PC)
- 19?? - Publish-It! 1.19 by GST
- 1987 - Publish-It! (Apple IIe)
- 1991 - KeyPublisher 1 by softkey (IBM PC)
- 1992? - Timeworks Publisher 2 (IBM PC, Atari ST) GEM-based
- 1991/1992 - Timeworks Publish-It! PC 2.00 (IBM PC)
- 1992? - Publish-It! Easy 2.1.9 (Macintosh)
- 199? - Timeworks Publisher 3 (IBM PC - GEM/4-based)
- 1994 - Timeworks Publish-It! 4 (IBM PC for Windows)
- "Atari ST Timeworks DTP: scans, dump, download, screenshots, ads, videos, catalog, instructions, roms". Atarimania.com. 2016-07-31. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Review: Desktop Publisher ST (Timeworks)". Atarimagazines.com. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- Nelson, Bruce D. "Atari Explorer, Z*Net, & ST Report: Z*Net: 10-Apr-92 #9215". Atariarchives.org. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- PC Mag. 1989-01-17. p. 34. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "It's No Contest!". InfoWorld: 10. 1989-09-11. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Publish-It! (Apple II, 5 1/4" Disk) Timeworks - 1987 USA, Canada Release". Eli's Software Encyclopedia. 2010-03-07. Retrieved 2016-08-09.