District de Timiskaming
Location of Timiskaming District in Ontario
|• MPs||Charlie Angus, Marc Serré, Anthony Rota|
|• MPPs||France Gélinas, John Vanthof, Gilles Bisson|
|• Land||13,299.92 km2 (5,135.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||2.5/km2 (6/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Postal code FSA||P0J, P0K, P2N|
|Area code(s)||705, 249|
Timiskaming is a district and census division in Northeastern Ontario in the Canadian province of Ontario. The district was created in 1912 from parts of Algoma, Nipissing, and Sudbury districts. In 1921, Cochrane District was created from parts of this district and parts of Thunder Bay District.
- Temiskaming Shores (Haileybury, New Liskeard, North Cobalt)
- Armstrong (Earlton)
- Casey (Belle Vallée)
- Charlton and Dack
- Hilliard (Hilliardton)
- James (Elk Lake)
- Larder Lake
- McGarry (Kearns, Virginiatown)
First Nations reserve
- Timiskaming, Unorganized, East Part, Ontario
- Timiskaming, Unorganized, West Part, Ontario (Kenabeek, King Kirkland, Marshall's Corners, Marter, Tarzwell, Tomstown)
The following local services boards serve inhabitants of these unincorporated areas:
|Canada census – Timiskaming District community profile|
|Population:||32,634 (-1.9% from 2006)||33,283 (-3.4% from 2001)|
|Land area:||13,299.92 km2 (5,135.13 sq mi)||13,279.88 km2 (5,127.39 sq mi)|
|Population density:||2.5/km2 (6.5/sq mi)||2.5/km2 (6.5/sq mi)|
|Median age:||44.7 (M: 44.0, F: 45.3)|
|Total private dwellings:||16,330||16,550|
|Median household income:|
|References: 2011 2006 earlier|
The district seat is in Temiskaming Shores.
Along with portions of the neighbouring district, Cochrane, Timiskaming is represented in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario by John Vanthof. In the House of Commons of Canada, the district is divided between Nipissing—Timiskaming, represented by Anthony Rota, in the south, and Timmins—James Bay, represented by Charlie Angus, in the north. A very small portion of the district also belongs to the riding of Nickel Belt.
- "Timiskaming District census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-03-19. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "cp2011" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Official Plan" (PDF). Town of Kirkland Lake. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-19.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Timiskaming District, Ontario.|
- Ontario Highway 11 Homepage - Timiskaming District (community profiles)
- Map of historic geographic townships in Timiskaming District
- Timiskaming Community Health Network
|Sudbury District, Nipissing District|