July 7, 1989 |
Deggendorf, West Germany
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg; 12 st 13 lb)|
|NHL Draft||83rd overall, 2007
San Jose Sharks
Timo Pielmeier (born July 7, 1989) is a German professional ice hockey goaltender, currently playing with ERC Ingolstadt of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL). He was a third-round selection of the San Jose Sharks in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft prior to being traded to the Ducks.
Pielmeier first played junior hockey in his native Germany, leading the Cologne EC Junior Sharks to the Deutsche Nachwuchs-Liga in 2006–07. He moved to North America the following season, joining the St. John's Fog Devils of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) for a season before moving to the Shawinigan Cataractes in 2008–09 where he led the team to the QMJHL final.
He has played with the German national junior team on several occasions. He first played in the 2006 IIHF World U18 Championships, and the 2007 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. Playing in the Division 1A pool at the 2008 World Junior Championships, Pielmeier was named the tournament's top goaltender, as Germany won the title, earning promotion back to the A pool for 2009.
Pielmeier was selected by the San Jose Sharks in the third round, 83rd overall at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, but was traded to the Anaheim Ducks organization in 2009. He turned professional in 2009, starting with the Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL. He scored a goal for the Condors during the 2009–10 season, becoming the 10th goaltender in ECHL history to do so. He finished the season fifth amongst rookie goaltenders in goals against average and appeared in the 2010 ECHL All-Star Game. Pielmeier was promoted to the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League for the 2009–10 season. Pielmeier was recalled by the Ducks on January 22, 2011 . He was traded along with defenceman Kurtis Foster, on December 12, 2011, to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for defenceman Mark Fraser and forward Rod Pelley.
|2007–08||St. John's Fog Devils||QMJHL||50||2719||136||1||3.00||23||22||4||1358||0.909|
- "Timo Pielmeier player profile". Hockey's Future. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "Timo Pielmeier player profile". Syracuse Crunch Hockey Club. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "Best players selected by the directorate" (PDF). International Ice Hockey Federation. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "Timo Pielmeier profile". The Hockey News. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "Goalie Timo Pielmeier scores empty-net goal for Bakersfield Condors". The Hockey News. 2009-12-20. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "It's Timo time for Crunch". CNYCentral.com. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "Timo Pielmeier Recalled from Syracuse". NHL.com News. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- Chere, Rich (2011-12-12). "Devils trade Rod Pelley, Mark Fraser to Ducks for Kurtis Foster and goalie". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Timo Pielmeier changes to Ingolstadt" (in German). ERC Ingolstadt. 2013-02-08. Retrieved 2013-02-08.