|No. 20 – Cleveland Cavaliers|
July 16, 1986 |
St. Petersburg, Russian SFSR
|Listed height||216 cm (7 ft 1 in)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|2004–2006||LenVo St. Petersburg (Russia)|
|2006||CSK VVS Samara (Russia)|
|2006–2010||Khimki Moscow (Russia)|
|2010–2011||New York Knicks|
|2011||Khimki Moscow (Russia)|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Timofey Pavlovich Mozgov (Russian: Тимофей Павлович Мозгов; IPA: [tʲɪmɐˈfʲej mɐˈzɡof], born July 16, 1986) is a Russian professional basketball player who currently plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- 1 Professional career
- 2 Career statistics
- 3 Russian national team
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Mozgov began his professional career with LenVo St. Petersburg, in the Russian second tier division, during the 2004–05 season. In 2006, he moved to CSK VVS Samara, the second level club from Samara. Before the 2006–07 season he joined Khimki Moscow Region, where he played through the 2009–10 season.
New York Knicks (2010–2011)
On January 30, 2011, after a 3-week stint on the bench, Mozgov finally saw significant minutes against the Pistons. He had a career game scoring 23 points and grabbing 14 rebounds to lead New York to a 124–106 victory. He played 40 minutes and was treated to loud “Mozgov! Mozgov!” chants in the final minute.
Denver Nuggets (2011–2015)
On July 27, 2013, he re-signed with the Nuggets.
On April 10, 2014, he recorded career highs in points and rebounds with 23 and 29 respectively in a 100-99 win over the Golden State Warriors.
Cleveland Cavaliers (2015–present)
On January 7, 2015, Mozgov was traded, along with a 2015 second-round pick, to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for two protected 2015 first-round picks (via Oklahoma City and Memphis). Having always previously worn number 25, he was forced to change that upon joining the Cavaliers due to the franchise having the number retired for Mark Price. He instead chose number 20 as it was the number his father, a Soviet handball player, used while he played the sport. On January 9, he made his debut for the Cavaliers as he recorded 9 points and 8 rebounds off the bench in a 94-112 loss to the Golden State Warriors.
On June 4, 2015, he became the first Russian to play in the NBA Finals, as the Cavaliers lost Game 1 of the series to the Golden State Warriors. The Cavaliers went on to lose the series in six games, as Mozgov played in and started all six games.
On June 23, 2015, the Cavaliers exercised the option to extend the term of Mozgov’s contract to include the 2015–16 season.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
Russian national team
- Berman, Marc (July 11, 2010). "Knicks spy Russian". New York Post. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- Beck, Howard (January 30, 2011). "Timofey Mozgov Comes Off Bench to Lead Knicks". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- "Nuggets acquire five players, three picks in three-team trade". NBA.com. February 22, 2011. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "Khimki brings back Mozgov, adds Quinn". EuroLeague.net. July 21, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- Report: Mozgov to sign with Russian team
- Denver Nuggets Re-Sign Center Timofey Mozgov
- "Notebook: Nuggets 100, Warriors 99". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. April 10, 2014. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "Cavs Acquire Timofey Mozgov". NBA.com. January 7, 2015. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- With No. 25 retired, Cleveland Cavaliers center Timofey Mozgov will wear No. 20
- Familiar result for James-less Cavs: 112-94 loss to Warriors
- Warriors hold off James, Cavs for 108-100 OT win in Game 1
- Cleveland Cavaliers plus-6 with Timofey Mozgov in NBA Finals; minus 41 vs. Golden State Warriors without him
- Cavaliers Exercise 2015-16 Option on Center Timofey Mozgov
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Timofey Mozgov.|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Timofey Mozgov at draftexpress.com
- Timofey Mozgov at eurobasket2009.org
- Timofey Mozgov at euroleague.net
- Timofey Mozgov at fiba.com
- Timofey Mozgov at usbasket.com
- Timofey Mozgov on Facebook