Timorese Resistance Archive and Museum
Resisência Timorense Arquivo e Museu
|Portuguese Timor Court of Justice|
|Established||7 December 2005|
|Location||Dili, East Timor|
|Architect||Tânia Bettencourt Correia|
The museum is housed in the former Portuguese Timor court of justice building which was burnt down during the 1999 East Timorese crisis. The building spans over an area of 1,325 m2 with a 1,165 m2 courtyard. The architect for the renovation of the building was Tânia Bettencourt Correia.
The main space of the AMRT is occupied by an exhibit entitled "To Resist is to Win," depicting the history of Timorese armed and clandestine resistance to Indonesian military rule. It aims to make the history of the resistance struggle better known, evoking its main moments and protagonists, using modern museological trends and, whenever possible, audio-visual sources. The exhibit is captioned in Tetum, Portuguese and English.
The museum also houses temporary exhibits on aspects of resistance movement history.
- "Timorese Resistance Archive & Museum". Timor-Leste [Memória]. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Inauguration of the Archives & Museum of the East-Timorese Resistance". Timor-Leste [Memória]. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Rehabilitation Projects". Timor-Leste [Memória]. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- AMRT (2011). Carta de Princípios do Arquivo & Museu da Resistência Timorense. Arkiu & Timorese Rezistensia Museum (August 30, 2011). «Charter of Principles of the Timorese Resistance Archive & Museum» . Consulted on January 28, 2014.
- "Timor-Leste prepares for a national register of Memory of the World". UNESCO. 8 December 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Activities". Mario Soares Foundation. 2007. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- Clearing House for Archival Records on Timor (CHART). "Resistance Archive & Museum: New database access".