Tymoshenko (Ukrainian: Тимошенко) or Timoshenko (Russian: Тимошенко) is a surname of Ukrainian origin. It derives from the Christian name Timothy, and its Ukrainian derivatives, Tymofiy or Tymish. The surname, Tymoshenko, was created by adding the Ukrainian patronymic suffix, -enko, meaning someone of Tymish, usually the son of Tymish.
- Stephen Timoshenko (1878–1972), Russian-Ukrainian engineer, father of modern engineering mechanics
- Semyon Timoshenko (1895–1970), Marshal of the Soviet Union, senior Red Army officer at the time of the German invasion of 1941
- Yulia Tymoshenko (born 1960), former Prime Minister of Ukraine
- Maksym Tymoshenko (born 1972), Ukrainian culturologist, social activist
- Olexandra Tymoshenko (born 1972), former Soviet individual Rhythmic Gymnast (an element in rhythmic gymnastics is named after her)
- Daria Timoshenko (born 1980), an Azerbaijani figure skater, a winner of the 1999 World Junior championships
- Yevgeniy Timoshenko (born 1988), an American poker player
- Eastern Slavic naming customs
- Murder of Russel Timoshenko, incident in which a 23-year-old NYPD officer was shot and killed during a traffic stop.
- Timoshenko Medal, awarded for contributions in applied mechanics.
- Timoshenko beam theory
- Timoleón Jiménez (nicknamed Timochenko), Colombian FARC commander.
(in Russian) The origin of names and surnames
|surname Tymoshenko or Timoshenko. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|