Timothy A. Gonsalves
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Timothy A. Gonsalves|
|1st Director of IIT Mandi|
15 January 2010 – Present
|Residence||Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Alma mater||Stanford University
Timothy A. Gonsalves is a computer scientist and professor, and is the first and present Director of IIT Mandi. He is also the founder of Nilgiri Networks Of TeNet Group, IIT Madras. He was Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Madras. His field area includes Computer networks, Distributed systems, Telecom software and Performance evaluation among others.
He completed his graduation from Breeks Memorial School, Ooty. He completed his higher education as follows
- B.Tech. (Electronics), IIT Madras, 1976
- M.S. (Electrical Engineering), Rice University, Houston, 1979
- Ph.D., Stanford University, 1986
- Design and Implementation of integrated computer and telecom networking systems
- LAN switching
- IP Switching
- DECT-based wireless Networks
- Network Management
- CTI and operating systems for embedded systems
Dr. T.A. Gonsalves is a founding member of TeNeT group and has been actively involved in guiding the incubation of many Technology companies from the TeNet Group including Midas Communications, Banyan Networks, NMSWorks and iSoftech.Dr. Timothy also holds several patents and has presented many award winning research oriented papers. He also serves as Consultant to State Bank of India and IDRBT.
Dr. Timothy is passionately active in development of products and technology in computer networks and telecommunications, especially aimed at mass markets in developing countries and also in the promotion of software development in rural areas. He translates his goals into tangible actions in his capacity as Director of Rural Technology Business Incubator (RTBI) and Nilgiri Networks.
- A. Ramasamy, Hema A. Murthy & T.A. Gonsalves
"Linear Prediction for Traffic Management and Fault Detection" Proc. Int'l. Conf. Info. Tech., Bhuvaneshwar, Dec. 2000, 4 pp.
- D. Venkatesulu & T.A. Gonsalves
"On the Performance of Distributed Objects" Jour. Systems Architecture, Elsevier Science, (46) 5 (2000), pp. 411–428.
- T.A. Gonsalves, Ashok JhunJhunwala, Hema A. Murthy, et al.
"CygNet: An Integrated Management for Modern Telecom Networks" Proc. NCC-2000 Nat'l. Conf. Commun., Jan. 2000.
- E. Elwin Stelzer & T.A. Gonsalves
"Embedding RMON in Large LAN Switches" IEEE Network, vol. 13, no. 1, Jan./Feb. 99, pp. 63–72.
- D. Venkatesulu & T.A. Gonsalves
"Efficient Fault-tolerant Reliable Broadcast in a Multi-switch Extended LAN" Computer Communications, vol. 22, no. 3, 25 February 99, pp. 266–278.
- A. Jhunjhunwala, B. Ramamurthi & T.A. Gonsalves
"The Role of Technology in Telecom Expansion in India" IEEE Communications Mag., vol. 36, no. 11, Nov. 98, pp. 88–94.
- B. Sain & T.A. Gonsalves
"KeRTESy: A Real-Time Event-driven Microkernel" Dr. Dobb's Jour., Mar. 97, pp. 48–58.
- S. Mahesh, C. Sivaram Murthy, T.A. Gonsalves & C. Pandurangan
"Modeling and Simulation of Dynamic Job Scheduling in Multiprocessor Systems" Int'l. J. Comp. Maths, v 58, 1995, pp. 221–247.
- A. Jhunjhunwala, M. Archana Rao, B. Murugesh, T.A. Gonsalves, & B. Ramamurthi
"A Reliable Fibre-Optic Ring Network for Process Control" Int'l J. Optoelectronics, v 8, n 4, 93, pp. 477–491.
- T.A. Gonsalves
"High-Speed Transport Protocols: Design and Implementation Issues" Jour. IETE, v 39, n 2, May—June 93, pp. 99–109.
- T.A. Gonsalves & F.A. Tobagi
"Comparative Performance of Voice/Data Local Area Networks" IEEE J. Selected Areas Commun., v 7, n 5, Jun. 89, pp. 657–669.
- KUMAR, G.R.DEEPAK. "Nilgiri Networks - Software Development". www.nilgirinetworks.in.