Timothy Brown (conductor)
Brown conducting in Innsbruck
|Born||9 December 1946|
|Alma mater||King's College, Cambridge|
|Known for||Choral conductor, choirmaster of Clare College, Cambridge|
Timothy (Tim) Brown (born 9 December 1946) is an English choral conductor.
In 1979 he succeeded John Rutter as Director of Music at Clare College, Cambridge and Director of Choir of Clare College Cambridge. In his time at Clare he released several acclaimed recordings with the choir (largely on the Naxos label) by composers including Rutter, Vaughan Williams and Stainer.
In 1986 he re-founded the Cambridge University Chamber Choir, directing annual performances of all the major Bach and Handel oratorios. He later founded the London-based professional chamber choir, English Voices.
In 2010, he retired as Director of Music at Clare College, and became Visiting Director of the choir of Robinson College, Cambridge, aiding its meteoric rise in the choral world. In 2011 he founded The Zürich Singing Academy; he now divides his time between Zurich and Cambridge.
| Director of Music,
Clare College, Cambridge
- Timothy Brown. Palestinemusicfestivals.org.
- Naxos label website http://www.naxos.com/
- "English Voices Homepage". Archived from the original on 18 May 2013.
- "Norwich Cathedral Profile". Archived from the original on 3 February 2014.
- Hickman, Pamela. (6 July 2011) Pamela Hickman's Music Interviews Blog: British conductor Timothy Brown talks about his career till now, his future plans and about conducting professional- and amateur choirs. Pamelahickmansmusicinterviews.blogspot.co.uk.
- "Choir Biography". Archived from the original on 27 July 2013.
- White, Michael. "Lift up your voices in praise of our brilliant British choirs". Telegraph.
- "Robinson College Chapel Choir Page". Robinson College.
- About. Sing-akademie.ch (27 January 2014).