|Timothy Daniel Browning|
28 February 1976 |
|Institutions||University of Bristol|
|Alma mater||University of Oxford |
|Doctoral advisor||Roger Heath-Brown |
|Notable awards||Whitehead Prize (2008)
Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer Prize
Timothy Browning is a mathematician working in number theory, examining the interface of analytic number theory and Diophantine geometry. Browning is currently a Professor of number theory at the University of Bristol.
In 2008, Browning was awarded the Whitehead Prize by the London Mathematical Society for his significant contributions on the interface of analytic number theory and arithmetic geometry concerning the number and distribution of rational and integral solutions to Diophantine equations.
In 2009, Browning won the Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer Prize. The prize is awarded for a mathematical monograph of an expository nature presenting the latest developments in an active area of research in Mathematics, in which the applicant has made important contributions. Browning won the prize for his monograph entitled Quantitative Arithmetic of Projective Varieties.
- "MathSciNet". Retrieved October 31, 2010.
- "ArXiv". Retrieved October 31, 2010.
- Timothy Browning. "Publications". Retrieved October 31, 2010.
- Timothy Browning at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- T. D. Browning. "Research".
- Timothy Browning. "Timothy Browning's Homepage".
- London Mathematical Society. "Prize Winners 2008".
- Fundació Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer. "The Ferran Sunyer i Balaguer Prize".
- University of Bristol. "Departmental News".
- Timothy Browning. Quantitative Arithmetic of Projective Varieties.
- The Leverhulme Trust. "Philip Leverhulme Prizes 2010".