Tim Campbell (businessman)
Timothy "Tim" Campbell, MBE is an English businessman best known as the winner of the first series of the British version of The Apprentice, a BBC TV reality show in which contestants battle to win a £100,000-a-year job working for businessman Alan Sugar. Campbell, a Middlesex University graduate in psychology, worked as a Senior Planner within the Strategy and Service Development (formally Marketing and Planning) directorate of London Underground before applying to appear on the show.
Campbell was hired by Sir Alan Sugar in the final episode of series 1 of The Apprentice, screened in May 2005. Campbell was project manager for his team twice in the show: in weeks 1 and 4. A second series of the show was commissioned shortly after his victory.
After his victory, Campbell joined Sugar's company Amstrad on a £100,000 salary. He became Project Director of Amstrad's new Health & Beauty division. In autumn 2006, Campbell held a series of one-to-one advice sessions for budding entrepreneurs organised by the British Library's Business & Intellectual Property Centre.
In January 2007, he made a guest appearance in the special edition programme Comic Relief Does The Apprentice, in order to raise money for Comic Relief. He joined the contestants after actor Rupert Everett left the show early.
Campbell was kept on at Amstrad after the end of his original 12-month contract, but in March 2007, after two years at the company, he left to set up Bright Ideas Trust. Lord Alan said Campbell had been a "great asset".
In July 2007 Campbell became a Social Enterprise Ambassador as part of a British Government initiative that aims to apply modern business solutions to social and environmental problems. The programme is led by the Social Enterprise Coalition and supported by the Office of the Third Sector, a Government department responsible for charities, co-operatives, voluntary and community groups.
Since February 2012, Campbell has been a member of Estate Office Property Consultants, a boutique London property investment and development agency, where he focuses on investments and acquisitions for High Net Worth Individuals and organisations seeking prime property opportunities.
- Transport manager wins Apprentice, BBC News, 4 May 2005
- "Staff Awards and Achievements", Middlesex University
- "Underground hails employee winner of BBC's 'The Apprentice'", Transport for London, 5 May 2005
- Wilting Blooms, tv.com
- The Harrods Sales, tv.com
- The search for The Apprentice is over; Sir Alan Sugar to return in second series, BBC Press Office, 5 May 2005
- The Apprentice:Tim in the Firing Line, tv.com
- "The ultimate school of hard knocks", The Observer, 23 March 2008
- British Library Press Release about Tim Campbell's advice sessions
- Everett Quits Reality Show After One Day, contactmusic.com
- "Bright Ideas Trust".
- First Apprentice Winner Quits Job, BBC News, 21 March 2007
- Social Enterprise Ambassadors website
- "Social Enterprise Coalition seeks Ambassador applications", creatingexcellence.org.uk
- "Social Enterprise UK".
- "Civil Society update series".
- "New Year honours list: Order of the British Empire, Member (MBE)". the Guardian.
- "The Apprentice's Tim Campbell joins Estate Office".
- "London Property Investment & Development Specialists - Estate Office".
- "Tim Campbell, Investment & Development - Estate Office".
- "10 examples of why co-founding and partnerships work". Real Business. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "How to Tell Your Colleague You Dropped the Ball work". Harvard Business Review. Retrieved 11 April 2016..
- St Bon's Newsletter, January 2014
- Timothy Campbell Official Website
- Bright Ideas Trust
- Interview with Tim Campbell
- Tim Campbell - Inspiring Entrepreneur video
|The Apprentice (UK) winner
Series One (2005)