Timothy Clement-Jones, Baron Clement-Jones
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Much of this text is directly taken from Who's Who and needs converting into coherent prose.. (May 2013)|
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Clement-Jones
|Chairman of the Liberal Party|
1986 – 2 March 1988
|Preceded by||Paul Tyler|
|Succeeded by||Party Dissolved|
|Born||26 October 1949|
|Political party||Liberal Party
He was Liberal Democrat spokesman on health.
- Chairman of the Liberal Party 1986-1988.
- CBE 1988.
- Chairman Liberal Democrat Finance Committee 1991-1998.
Business and charitable career
- Admitted as a solicitor 1974.
- Corporate lawyer. Head of legal services LWT 1980-1983.
- Legal director Grand Metropolitan Retailing 1984-1989.
- Group Co Secretary Woolworths Ltd, later Kingfisher plc 1986-1995.
- Trustee and director Cancer BACUP 1986-.
- Chairman Crime Concern 1991-1995.
- President of Ambitious about Autism (and previously Chair of Trustees for seven years).
- Fellow, Royal Society of Arts.
- Chairman Dibb Lipton Alsop 1999-.
- Chairman Environmental Context Ltd 1997-.
- A member of the UCL Council since 2012.
Family and education
He is the son of Maurice Llewelyn Clement-Jones and (Margaret) Jean, née Hudson. Educated Haileybury and Imperial Service College and Trinity College, Cambridge (economics). Married first 1973 Vicky Veronica Yip (died 1987), daughter of the late Hong Kong-based Indonesian-born Dutch millionaire Teddy Yip. Married second 1994 Jean Roberta Whiteside. One son.
- "President and Vice Presidents". Ambitious about Autism. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- UCL Council Members
- Dr Clement-Jones
- Who's Who 1998
|Party political offices|
|Chairman of the Liberal Party
|Party merged into
Social Liberal Democrats
|Liberal Democrat Treasurer
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|