Timothy Corrigan (interior designer)
Timothy Corrigan is an interior designer with offices in Los Angeles and Paris. His firm, Timothy Corrigan, Inc., specializes in comfortably-elegant interior design and incorporates antiques into most of its projects. His clients include European and Middle Eastern royalty, Hollywood celebrities and corporate leaders.
Corrigan grew up in the Hancock Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, but moved with his family when he was 12. Decades later, for almost ten years he lived a mere five blocks from his childhood home. When he learned the property was on the market, he rushed over to see it, saying it "was love at second sight." He says he "sent the owner a photo of me in the swimming pool when I was a little boy, with a note that said, 'Let me come home.'"
Prior to forming his design firm in 1998, Corrigan worked in advertising where he was president of international operations for Backer Speilvogel Bates Worldwide, which later became Bates Worldwide, then Saatchi & Saatchi's Bates Worldwide.
In addition to restoring his childhood home, Corrigan has purchased and renovated several châteaux in France. He reportedly fell in love with the country the first time he traveled there in the 1980s.
In 2004, the French government sold him the Château du Grand-Lucé, located in Le Grand-Lucé within France's Loire Valley. The château and its gardens are listed as French National Landmarks, which posed additional challenges during the renovation. His 2013 book, "An Invitation to Château du Grand-Lucé", details Corrigan's against-all-odds acquisition of the 1764 manor that was in dire need of repair. His subsequent painstaking restoration and decoration brought it back to life as his private home. In 2016, Corrigan put the Château du Grand-Lucé back on the market.
In spring of 2018, he purchased the Château de la Chevallerie, and began the renovation process. His 2019 book, "The New Elegance: Stylish, Comfortable Rooms for Today", features several of his design projects worldwide, in which he has defined a new contemporary elegance. It also includes advice on how to adapt classic design principles and traditional forms to make them work for busy modern lives.
Corrigan designed the first fully integrated line of fabrics, trims, furniture, and floor covering for Schumacher and Patterson, Flynn & Martin, introduced in 2014. He has designed two tabletop collections for porcelain manufacturer Royal Limoges, a collection of high-end bathroom fittings and accessories for THG Paris, a wallcovering collection for London-based Fromental, and a passementerie collection for Samuel & Sons.
Corrigan has been featured in numerous, prestigious publications including The Times, The Wall Street Journal, Architectural Digest, ELLE Décor, Point de Vue, The New York Times, InStyle, Traditional Home, and Town & Country. He has also appeared on national and international television, including on HGTV’s Million Dollar Rooms, HGTV’s Top Ten, LXTV’s International Open House – Paris, and Extra. He was chosen to design the Architectural Digest green room at the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards.
Corrigan has been honored by design centers around the world and named to multiple top designer lists:
- Architectural Digest AD100 (World's Top Interior Designers and Architects); the only one of nine designers who were consecutively on the list since 2007 
- Luxe Interiors + Design 2019 Gold List 
- 2017 ELLE Décor A-List 
- 2017 Design Icon, during the Winter Las Vegas Market 
- Luxe Interiors + Design 2017 Gold List 
- 2014 "Star of Design" Award for Interior Design, Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood, CA 
- Robb Report's Top 40 Interior Designers in the World, 2007 
At their annual Legacy Dinner in October 2018, Corrigan was honored by the The Institute of Classical Architecture and Art (ICAA, Southern California Chapter) for his achievements and contributions in advancing the classical tradition in architecture and art. He was named to the Departures Design Council in 2019.
- "Home Decor - Decorating Ideas and House design - Architectural Digest". Architectural Digest.
- Sherrill, Marcia. "The Talent: Timothy Corrigan". 1stdibs. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "Timothy Corrigan, Inc.; First Republic Bank". Firstrepublic.com. Retrieved 2018-07-15.
- "At home with Timothy Corrigan in Los Angeles". YouTube. Quintessence. 2015-08-09. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- Jones, Finn-Olaf (2012-04-01). "Timothy Corrigan's Los Angeles Home". Architectural Digest. Condé Nast. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- Elliott, Stuart (1993-04-27). "Backer Spielvogel Shifts Executives". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- Elliott, Stuart (1994-04-20). "Media Business". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- "About Us". Timothy Corrigan. Timothy Corrigan, Inc. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "This American is crazy about the Sarthe castles". Les journaux de la Loire. Le Maine libre. 2018-05-14. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "History - Hotel Château du Grand-Lucé". Hotel Château du Grand-Lucé. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "French National Landmarks".
- Eberstadt, Fernanda (2015-11-06). "Timothy Corrigan's Spectacular French Château". Architectural Digest - Renovation. Condé Nast. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- Montes, Geoffrey (2016-05-16). "Timothy Corrigan Is Selling His Palatial French Château". Architectural Digest. Condé Nast. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- Bewkes, Stacey (2018-11-04). "At Home with Timothy Corrigan at Chateau de la Chevallerie (the before)". Quintessence. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "Timothy Corrigan Collections". THG Paris. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- ""Les Folies", The Timothy Corrigan Collection". Fromental. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- Sherman, Rebecca. "Timothy Corrigan for Fromental Wallpapers". HousesGardensPeople. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- Brzezinski, Victoria (2018-08-03). "Tastemakers: Timothy Corrigan, interior designer". Times Newspapers Limited. The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- Renzi, Jen (2011-11-26). "Museum Quality: Enter the eclectic, cozy paean to 18th-century French style that shaped designer Timothy Corrigan". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "Timothy Corrigan". Architectural Digest. Condé Nast Digital. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "Timothy Corrigan". ELLE Décor. Hachette Fillapacchi Media U.S., INC. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- Silamo, Sabrina (2018-05-29). "Universe. At Timothy Corrigan in Paris". Point de Vue Magazine (Update 2018-11-05). Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "BY THE NUMBERS Tim Corrigan". T Magazine (The New York Times Style Magazine). The New York Times Company. 2011-11-26. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- Jackson, Eric; Salazar, Angela (2007-11-01). "Tip-Top Tables". InStyle. Meredith Corporation. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- Elbert, Amy. "Hollywood Before & After". Traditional Home. Meredith Corporation. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- Rafferty, Jean Bond. French Lessons, Town & Country, April 2005, Hearst Communications, Inc.
- "LXTV "International Open House" Paris". YouTube. Timothy Corrigan. 2010-12-01. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "Chateau du Grand-Luce". HGTV. Retrieved 2011-02-25.
- "Timothy Corrigan Inc.- AD100 2016". Architectural Digest. Condé Nast.
- "2019 Gold List". Luxe Interiors + Design. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "Timothy Corrigan, Design Icon 2017". Las Vegas Market. 2016-11-29. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "2017 Gold List". Luxe Interiors + Design. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "WESTWEEK 2014 Delivers Best-in-Class Design". Pacific Design Center. Cohen Design Centers. 2014-03-24. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "Event Recap: French Heritage Society honors Corrigan, Hermès".
- "Tribute Video & Photos - 2018 Legacy Dinner Honoring Timothy Corrigan". Institute of Classical Architecture & Art. ICAA Southern California. 2018-04-24. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "DEPARTURES Design Council". DEPARTURES. Meredith Corporation Travel & Leisure Group. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "Timothy Corrigan, Inc. - Access DEPARTURES". DEPARTURES. Meredith Corporation Travel & Leisure Group. Retrieved 2019-05-25.