|Birth name||Tim Chantarangsu|
|Also known as||Timothy DeLaGhetto, Traphik|
March 6, 1986 |
Billings, Montana, United States
|Origin||Long Beach, California, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, comedian, actor, internet personality|
|Labels||Independent, 6S Management Group|
|Associated acts||Dumbfoundead, D-Pryde, MC Jin, JR Aquino, Tori Kelly, Chris Miles, Wax, Nikki Jean, Auburn|
Tim Chantarangsu (born March 6, 1986), better known as Timothy DeLaGhetto and formerly Traphik, is an American rapper, comedian, actor, and internet personality. Aside from rapping, he produces and acts in many comedy videos which are uploaded to his YouTube channel. He is now one of the cast members on MTV2's Wild 'N Out and Guy Code.
Chantarangsu was born in Billings, Montana, to parents who had immigrated from Bangkok, Thailand. He was raised in the Southern California city of Paramount, California, where he attended Paramount High School. He attended California State University, Long Beach, where he majored in art. Chantarangsu eventually left CSU to pursue his dream of being a rapper, actor and director, a career path he has titled the "Fresh Prince" format.
Timothy's main YouTube channel has over 3 million subscribers and over 600 million video views as of September 6, 2015[update]. It features original skits, parodies, rants, and a series called Dear DeLaGhetto. His most popular video has over 78 million views. Chantaransgu also has a vlog channel, a music channel and a style channel.
As of September 4, 2014[update], Chantarangsu has produced over 400 vlogs, and has garnered approximately 860,000 subscribers and over 110 million video views on his vlog channel. The channel consists of collaborations with other musical artists, songs from his albums and mixtapes, and a series called Weekly 16's. His style channel, also known as Tim's Bakery, has over 170,000 subscribers and over 10.8 million video views. The channel is composed of his fit-of-the-day videos, clothing collections and style videos and interviews with fellow sneaker fans called "Kickin' It". One of his newest video ventures includes an animated web series named Powerhouse in which he plays himself. In 2014, Chantarangsu's YouTube Channel was listed on New Media Rockstars Top 100 Channels, ranked at #64.
- Rush Hour (2009)
- The First Mixtape (2006)
- Will Rap for Food (2007)
- MixedApe (2010)
- Cruise Control (2012)
- No Jokes (2014)
- High School Sucks: The Musical Soundtrack – 2011
- "Charlie Sheen" (with Jin and Dumbfoundead)
- "Chillin Here in the Atmosphere"
- "Magnetic" (with Tori Kelly)
- "Airplanes & Terminals" (with Andrew Garcia and G Seven)
- "Shut It Down" (with Chris Miles)
- "Keep Ya Head Up" (with D-Pryde)
- "My Fresh" (with Joanlee)
- "Pajama Pants" (with Nick Cannon, Migos, and Future)
|2006||Thai Smile||Tim||Main Role|
|2015||The Pizza Joint||Thomas||Main Role|
|2011||The Timothy DeLaGhetto Show||Himself (Host)||Star|
|2013–present||Wild 'N Out||Himself||Cast member|
|2014||Love That Girl!||Cameo|
|2014||Million Dollar Maze Runner||Himself (Host)|
|2016||Escape the Night||The Mobster||Main role; YouTube Red series|
- Ko, Nalea (Nov 28, 2011). "Now, This is A Story About Timothy DeLaGhetto". Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- Timothy DeLaGhetto About page - YouTube
- on YouTube
- Chantarangsu, Tim (May 25, 2012). "TimothyDeLaGhetto aka Traphik-Jokes and Raps". YouTube.
- Chantarangsu, Tim (April 25, 2012). "SNEAK PEEK".
- "Timothy DeLaGhetto's LIFE in VLOG form". YouTube. December 30, 2012.
- "Traphik Musik". YouTube. September 2, 2012.
- "Timothy DeLaGhetto's Style Channel". YouTube. September 2, 2012.
- "Powerhouse". YouTube. April 25, 2012.
- "The NMR Top 100 YouTube Channels: 75-51!". New Media Rockstars. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- "El Cartel Thai Smile DVD". 24 February 2011.
- "Telemundo Takes Audiences on a Modern Sci-Fi Adventure With ISA". 19 March 2014.
- "The Timothy De La Ghetto Show on MyxTV". February 4, 2011.