Timothy Leary bibliography
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following is a list of works by Timothy Leary.
- Leary, Timothy (1950). "The social dimensions of personality: groups structure and dynamics". Ph. D. Dissertation (University of California, Berkeley, California).
- Coffey, Hubert; Freedman, Mervin; Leary, Timothy; Ossorio, Abel (1950). "Community Service and Social Research – Group Psychotherapy in a Church Program". 6 (1): 1–65. Archived from the original on 2011-07-17.
- Freedman, Mervin B.; Leary, Timothy F.; Ossorio, Abel G.; Coffey, Hubert S. (1951). "The Interpersonal Dimension of Personality". Journal of Personality. 20 (2): 143–161. doi:10.1111/j.1467-6494.1951.tb01518.x.
- LaForge, Rolfe; Leary, Timothy F.; Naboisek, Herbert; Coffey, Hubert S.; Freedman, Mervin B. (1954). "The Interpersonal Dimension of Personality: II An Objective Study of Repression". Journal of Personality. 23 (2): 129–153. doi:10.1111/j.1467-6494.1954.tb01144.x.
- Leary, Timothy; Coffey, Hubert S. (Jan 1955). "Interpersonal Diagnosis: Some Problems of Methodology and Validation". The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology. 50 (1): 110–124. doi:10.1037/h0049357.
- Multilevel Measurement of Interpersonal Behavior: A Manual for the Use of the Interpersonal System of Personality. Leary, Timothy; Lane, Helen; Apfelbaum, Anne; della Cioppa, Mary; Kaufmann, Charlotte. Psychological Consultation Service, Berkeley, California. 1956.
- The Interpersonal Diagnosis of Personality. Leary, Timothy. 1957.
- The Psychedelic Experience: A Manual Based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Leary, Timothy and Metzner, Ralph; Alpert, Richard. 1964. (ISBN 0-8065-1652-6)
- Psychedelic Prayers after the Tao Te Ching. Leary, Timothy. 1966, Poets Press.
- Start Your Own Religion. Leary, Timothy. Millbrook, New York: Kriya Press. 1967. (The original 1967 version was privately published. It is not to be confused with a compilation of Leary's writings compiled, edited, and published posthumously under the same title.)
- The Politics of Ecstasy. Leary, Timothy. 1968. (ISBN 0-914171-33-X) (full text at Internet Archive)
- High Priest. Leary, Timothy. 1968. (ISBN 0-914171-80-1)
- Jail Notes. Leary, Timothy. 1970. Preface by Allen Ginsberg. Douglas Book Corp.
- Confessions of a Hope Fiend. Leary, Timothy. 1973.
- Neurologic, Leary, Timothy (with Joanna Leary), 1973.
- StarSeed, Leary, Timothy, 1973.
- Mystery, Magic & Miracle: Religion in a post-Aquarian age. Heenan, Edward F. and Jack Fritscher, Timothy Leary. 1973. Prentice-Hall. (ISBN 0-13-609032-X)
- What Does WoMan Want?: Adventures Along the Schwarzchild Radius. Leary, Timothy. 1976. His only novel, revised and reprinted in 1987 by New Falcon Press.
- The Periodic Table of Evolution. Leary, Timothy. 1977
- Exo-Psychology: A Manual on The Use of the Nervous System According to the Instructions of the Manufacturers. Leary, Timothy. 1977. Starseed/Peace Press.
- Leary, Timothy; Robert Anton Wilson; George A. Koopman (1977). Gilbertson, Daniel; Koopman, George A., eds. Neuropolitics: The Sociobiology of Human Metamorphosis. designed and illustrated by Cynthia Marsh. Los Angeles: Starseed/Peace press. p. 160. ISBN 0-915238-18-7. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- The Game of Life. Leary, Timothy. 1979. Peace Press.
- The Intelligence Agents, Leary, Timothy. 1979. Peace Press.
- Changing My Mind Among Others. Leary, Timothy. 1982. Prentice Hall Trade. (ISBN 0-13-127829-0)
- Flashbacks. Leary, Timothy. 1983. Tarcher. (ISBN 0-87477-177-3)
- Info-Psychology. Leary, Timothy. 1987. Falcon Press. (revision of "Exo-Psychology")(ISBN 1-56184-105-6)
- Leary, Timothy; Metzner, Ralph; Weil, Gunther M., eds. (1993). The Psychedelic Reader: Classic Selections from the Psychedelic Review. Citadel Press. ISBN 0-8065-1451-5.
- Chaos and Cyber Culture. Leary, Timothy and Michael Horowitz, Vicki Marshall. 1994. Ronin Publishing. (ISBN 0-914171-77-1)
- Surfing the Conscious Nets: A Graphic Novel. Leary, Timothy and Robert Williams. 1995. Last Gasp. (ISBN 0-86719-410-3)
- The Lost Beatles Interviews Leary, Timothy (Afterword) and Geoffrey Giuliano, Brenda Giuliano. 1996. Plume. (ISBN 0-452-27025-1)
- A Letter from Timothy Leary to Aldous Huxley. 1996. Leary Archives Press. (limited-edition publication includes the 1960 letter)
- Concrete & Buckshot: William S. Burroughs Paintings. Leary, Timothy and Benjamin Weissman. 1996. Smart Art Press. (ISBN 1-889195-01-4)
- Design for Dying. Leary, Timothy, with Sirius, R. U. 1997. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. ISBN 0-06-018700-X (cloth); ISBN 0-06-092866-2 (pbk.); ISBN 0-06-018250-4 (intl).
- The Delicious Grace of Moving One's Hand: The Collected Sex Writings Leary, Timothy. 1999. Thunder's Mouth Press. (ISBN 1-56025-181-6)
- Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out. various collected essays by Leary, Timothy, 1999. Ronin Publishing. (ISBN 1-57951-009-4)
- Change Your Brain", Leary, Timothy and Potter, Beverly, 2000, Ronin Publishers
- Politics of Self-Determination. Leary, Timothy and Potter, Beverly. 2001. Ronin Publishing. (ISBN 1-57951-015-9)
- The Politics of Psychopharmacology. Leary, Timothy and Potter, Beverly. 2001. Ronin Publishing. (ISBN 1-57951-056-6)
- Musings on Human Metamorphoses. Leary, Timothy and Potter, Beverly. 2002. Ronin Publishing. (ISBN 1-57951-058-2)
- Evolutionary Agents. Leary, Timothy and Beverly A. Potter. 2004. Ronin Publishing. (ISBN 1-57951-064-7)
Non-print creative works
- The Psychedelic Experience: A Manual Based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead (with Richard Alpert & Ralph Metzner) (1966)(reissued on CD in 2003)
- L.S.D. (1966)
- Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (1967)
- You Can Be Anyone This Time Around (1970)
- Seven Up - Ash Ra Tempel (1972)
- Flashbacks (1983)
- The Inner Frontier with Robert Anton Wilson (1989) ACE Tapes
- From Psychedelics to Cybernetics (1989) ACE Tapes
- The Origins of Dance (with The Grid) (1990)
- Uncommon Quotes: Timothy Leary. Leary, Timothy. Audio tape (1990) Pub Group West. (ISBN 0-929856-01-5)
- How to Operate Your Brain (1992) ACE Tapes
- Right to Fly (1996)
- Beyond Life With Timothy Leary (1996)
- Timothy Leary Live at Starwood (recorded & released on cassette in 1992; released on CD in 2001) Association for Consciousness Exploration ISBN 1-59157-002-6
- Timothy Leary: A Cheerleader for Change (2001) ACE/Llewellyn Collection - (Recorded in 1985) ISBN 1-59157-004-2
Also appears on:
- Tune In (Turn On The Acid House) - (1988) Psychic TV, 12" EP, Temple Records (UK)- Samples Timothy Leary
- Trance-Techno Express: From Detroit to Berlin & Back - Various (1993)
- Ancient Lights and the Blackcore - with Scorn, Seefeel, Yanomami Shamans from the Amazon, and DJ Cheb I. Sabbah (1995)
- Krautrock - Various [Polygram] (1997)
- Sub Rosa Underwood, Vol. 3: A Sampler - Various (1998)
- Intermenstral - Various (2001)
- In 1966, he recorded an album, Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out (Original release: Mercury 21131 (mono) /61131 (stereo), US 1967), which was ostensibly a "user manual" for a self-guided LSD "trip". While the album did poorly in general release, it has become one of the rarest "memorabilia" items from Leary's work. One track, "All The Girls Are Yours" has been performed repeatedly by others, and was even re-recorded in 2004.
- In 1993 he was credited with the opening track "The Incredible Lightness Of Being Molecular" on Fifty Years of Sunshine, a CD that celebrated the invention of LSD. Recorded in Los Angeles by Genesis P-Orridge and Doug Rushkoff on March 14, 1993. Written by Dr. Timothy Leary for the special publication Lysergic Times, edited by Michael Horowitz to commemorate 50 years of LSD, and launched on April 16, 1993 in San Francisco, USA.
- Leary sings in the chorus of John Lennon's song "Give Peace a Chance".
- He appeared as guest vocalist on "Gila Copter", the opening track of the Revolting Cocks' 1993 album Linger Ficken' Good... and Other Barnyard Oddities.
- A full list of appearances (both as himself and in acting roles), direction, and other participation in film and television media by Leary can be found at: 
- During late 1966 and early 1967, Leary toured college campuses presenting a multi-media performance called "The Death of the Mind," which attempted to artistically replicate the LSD experience.
- Equal parts party game, roleplaying game and social simulation, Timothy Leary's Mind Mirror was released for Commodore 64, Atari XL, Apple II, and MS-DOS computers by Electronic Arts in 1985. The game was a digital reinterpreting of Leary's doctoral thesis. He later stated that he had plans to release an updated version of the program with advanced graphics (including Apple Macintosh and Amiga versions), but that never occurred.