Timothy Ryan (newspaper publisher)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Timothy E. Ryan|
|Alma mater||University of Notre Dame
Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
Timothy E. Ryan (born 20th century) is an American newspaper publisher and businessman. As of September 2015, he is the publisher and chief executive officer of the Los Angeles Times and The San Diego Union-Tribune. He was previously publisher and chief executive officer of The Baltimore Sun, beginning in March 2007.
Ryan earned a bachelor's degree[when?] in political science from the University of Notre Dame and Master of Business Administration degree[when?] from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
Ryan, who has over thirty years of experience in the media business, worked as vice president of circulation at The Philadelphia Inquirer from 1993 to 2000. He served as vice president of circulation and operations at The Baltimore Sun from July 2000 to February 2005. He worked as vice president of circulation and consumer marketing at the Chicago Tribune from 2005 to 2007. He was appointed publisher of The Baltimore Sun in 2007. At the time, The Baltimore Sun described him as "...very engaged in the news. He's a news junkie... [In his previous role as circulation director] he obviously wanted to sell newspapers, but it was way beyond that. It seemed to be a passion of his." In 2010, he became publisher and chief executive officer of The Morning Call Media Group (MCMG), in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. The Los Angeles Times, The San Diego Union-Tribune, The Baltimore Sun and The Morning Call are publications of Tribune Publishing. As of September 2015, he is the publisher and chief executive officer of the Los Angeles Times and The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- . Los Angeles Times.
- "Tribune's Baltimore Sun Gets New Publisher". Reuters. March 19, 2007. Retrieved October 28, 2009.
- "Chicago Tribune Marketing Exec Named Baltimore Sun Publisher". Chicago Tribune. March 20, 2007. Retrieved October 28, 2009.
- Associated Press. March 20, 2007.
- "Baltimore Sun Media Group Executive Profiles". The Baltimore Sun.
- "Ryan Named to Replace Publisher at The Sun". The Baltimore Sun.
- "Ryan to Take Over as Publisher of Morning Call". Daily Record. April 2, 2010.
- "Timothy E. Ryan – Publisher, President and Chief Executive Officer". The Baltimore Sun Executive Profiles. Retrieved October 28, 2009.