|Timothy Ting Ting-yu|
|Deputy mayor of Taipei|
2 September 2011
Serving with Chen Hsiung-wen, Chang Chin-oh
|Appointed by||Hau Lung-pin (mayor)|
|Alma mater||National Taiwan University, University of Michigan|
Timothy Ting Ting-yu (丁庭宇, born 1954) is a Taiwanese politician and sociologist.
Ting graduated from National Taiwan University (NTU) with a bachelor's degree in sociology before going on to the University of Michigan for his doctorate. He has a son and a daughter, whom he sent to Lincoln, Nebraska for their education in the 1990s.
In academia and business
Ting served as an assistant professor of sociology at Kansas State University before returning to Taiwan, where he successively took up associate professorships at National Chengchi University and his alma mater NTU. In 1997 he left his post at NTU to work in the opinion polling industry. He eventually became the head of Gallup Taiwan, a research organisation. In a 2006 letter to the Taipei Times, a spokesperson for the U.S.-based Gallup denied any association with Ting or his company.
As deputy mayor of Taipei
Ting was appointed third deputy mayor of Taipei by Hau Lung-pin in August 2011. His financial declaration at the time he took office showed that he owned investment properties in a number of cities. These included four in Shanghai and Beijing, making him the public official with the largest number of properties in mainland China. During his time in office, one issue to which he turned his focus was urban renewal; he stated that Taipei was at a disadvantage compared to other major cities in Asia such as Hong Kong, Beijing, and Shanghai due to its age, having been mostly constructed in the 1960s and 1970s.  In October 2013, he visited Wuhan, Hubei as part of an official delegation during Hubei province's "Taiwan Week" in an effort to encourage companies there to invest in Taiwan.
- "丁庭宇今就任台北市副市長 努力為郝龍斌分勞" [Ting Ting-yu takes up Taipei deputy mayor post today; will work hard to share Hau Lung-bin's burden]. Now News. 2011-09-02. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "開明老爹打造百萬小富翁－丁庭宇" [Enlightened father produces a little millionaire: Ting Ting-yu]. Career Times. 2002-02-20. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "丁庭宇置產 上海北京擁4屋" [Ting Ting-yu's investments: has four flats in Shanghai]. Apple Daily. 2012-12-26. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- Chris Stewart (2006-12-23). "Letter to the Editor: Gallup vs Gallup Taiwan". Taipei Times. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Mo Yan-chih (2011-08-02). "Hau hands personal adviser and 'old friend' Ting third deputy mayor post". Taipei Times.
- "l北市副市長：堅信民主-不會拖延城市發展" [Taipei deputy mayor insists that democracy won't delay urban development]. World Journal. 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "台北市副市长丁庭宇：期待鄂企赴台投资兴业" [Taipei deputy mayor Ting Ting-yu: hoping central China companies' investments in Taiwan will prosper]. Phoenix Television. 2013-10-24. Retrieved 2014-07-02.