Tin Hau Temple, Joss House Bay
The Tin Hau Temple in Joss House Bay (Chinese: 佛堂門天后古廟; literally: "Fat Tong Mun Tin Hau Old Temple" or 大廟灣天后廟; "Joss House Bay Tin Hau Temple"), sometimes referred to as Tai Miu (大廟; "Great Temple") is Hong Kong's oldest and largest Tin Hau Temple. It is also said to be the most popular Tin Hau temple both for fishermen and for others in Hong Kong.
The sea-facing temple is located at Fat Tong Mun (佛堂門), on the shore of Joss House Bay, near the south end of Clear Water Bay Peninsula. Joss House Bay derives its name from the temple, or joss house. The Chinese name of Joss House Bay, Tai Miu Wan (大廟灣), literally means "the bay of the large temple".
Tin Hau Festival and events
Once a year, on Tin Hau's birthday, the 23rd of the third moon on the Chinese calendar, upwards of 40,000 to 50,000 people attend celebrations at the temple. Thousands of people hike their way, via the High Junk Peak Hiking Trail, to the Temple to pay their respects. Thousands of others sail into Joss House Bay in hundreds of vessels.
Outside the Tin Hau Birthday Celebration, a regular green minibus (Route 16) operates between MTR Po Lam Station Public Transport Interchange and Po Toi O. Visitors should alight at the Tai Miu Wan stop (near the entrance to Clearwater Bay Golf & Country Club) and walk for about 10 minutes down a flight of stairs to Joss House Bay, passing the rock inscription on the way down. 
- Information on Proposed Grade I Items. Item #70 Archived 2012-10-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Chinese Temples Committee - Tin Hau Temple, Joss House Bay
- bc Magazine "Borne Of The Water"
- Declared Monuments in Hong Kong: Rock Inscription at Joss House Bay
- Birthday of Tin Hau: Unique Experiences
- bc Magazine "Heavenly Queen"
- List of Graded Historic Buildings in Hong Kong (as at 6 November 2009) Archived 9 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Sai Kung Magazine "Respects to Tin Hau"
- Birthday of Tin Hau: Highlights
- Tin Hau Birthday Celebrations at Joss House Bay
- Film Services Offices: Joss House Bay Public Pier
- Transport Department website: Green Minibus Route 16
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tin Hau Temple, Joss House Bay.|