Tin Star (band)
Tomlinson and Bricheno were discussing their musical future together in a London pub. Their conversation was overheard by Tim Gordine who introduced himself and they formed the band together. The group signed to V2 Records and released their debut album, The Thrill Kisser, in 1999. The album had been recorded in Gordine's apartment in London and the restricted space meant the group adapted to using machines rather than a drum kit.
The group has since split up.
Film and TV
- The song "Dirty Bird" was used in one of the episodes of the TV series, Felicity (Episode 13, season 1).
- "Head" and "Disconnected Child" were used in the film Gossip.
- "Head" is used in episode 1.3 Monsters of Roswell TV show.
- "Head" is used in the movie The Sixth Sense during the children's birthday party scene.
- Biography, Allmusic.com
- O'Connor, Christopher (19 March 1999). "Tin Star Use 'Head' To Shine On American Airwaves". MTV News. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- Billboard, Allmusic.com
- Frampton, Scott, ed. (July 2001). "Just Out". CMJ New Music Monthly. No. 94. New York: Robert K Haber. p. 93. ISSN 1074-6978.
- Lawrenson, Edward. "Gossip (2000)". old.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- Burnett, Robyn (2002). "8. Roswell Episode Guide". Crash into me : the world of Roswell. Toronto: ECW Press. p. 153. ISBN 1-55022-539-1.
- The Sixth Sense (1999), retrieved 2017-08-29