|Born||16 April 1979|
|Occupation||Journalist, newsreader and presenter|
Tina Daheley (born 16 April 1979) is a British journalist, newsreader and presenter who works for the BBC, both on television and radio. She currently reads the news on The Radio 2 Breakfast Show with Zoe Ball, often contributing to discussions during the show. She is also a relief presenter on the BBC News at Ten and BBC News at Six. In 2019 she became the voiceover presenter of Points of View.
Daheley has also presented the 60 Seconds news on BBC Three, E24 on the News Channel and Revealed (BBC Two's Switch Zone). She is the former host of the 1Xtra news show, the flagship news programme for BBC Radio 1Xtra. She was the sports newsreader on BBC Radio 1's The Chris Moyles Show from February 2010 until the show ended in September 2012. She went on to host the news, sport, and weather bulletins for Radio 1 Breakfast with Nick Grimshaw from 24 September 2012, until she left Radio 1 on 10 August 2018.
On Tuesday 29 May 2018, Daheley made her debut on the BBC News at Six and on Sunday, 8 July 2018, Daheley made her debut on the BBC Weekend News and the BBC News at Ten, anchoring the corporation's flagship evening news programme for the first time.
In July 2018, the BBC published updated salaries of its best-paid presenters, and Daheley was included in the list for the first time. The corporation named on-air presenters earning more than £150,000 in 2017–18. Daheley was listed as earning between £150,000–£159,999 during that year.
Daheley comes from a Sikh family and was brought up in Perivale, West London. She was educated at The Ellen Wilkinson School for Girls in Ealing. She studied computer science at Brunel University and went on to complete a Master's degree in journalism at the University of Leeds.
Tina gave birth to a daughter in 2021.
- "BBC Three - Free Speech, Series 2 - Tina Daheley". BBC.
- [dead link]
- Read-Dominguez, Jennifer; Nissim, Mayer (5 August 2016). "Jeremy Vine is the new host of Crimewatch". Digital Spy.
- "BBC pay: Men still dominate star salaries list". BBC News. 11 July 2018.
- "Tina Daheley announced as newsreader for The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2". BBC Media Centre. 9 January 2019. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- Dobinson, Kathryn (12 June 2014). "Tina Daheley: How I cracked into the macho world of football reporting". The Telegraph.(subscription required)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tina Daheley.|