April 14, 1960|
Brooklyn, New York
|Education||Northwestern University (B.S., M.S.)|
Tina Rosenberg (born April 14, 1960 in Brooklyn, New York) is an American journalist and the author of three books. For one of them, The Haunted Land: Facing Europe's Ghosts After Communism (1995), she won the Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction and the National Book Award for Nonfiction.
She is a longtime New York Times writer and, since 2010, co-author of the New York Times Fixes column. The column, written with David Bornstein, is an example of solutions journalism — rigorous reporting on how people are responding to problems. Bornstein, Rosenberg and Courtney Martin founded the Solutions Journalism Network in 2013. The organization works with news organizations to help them add solutions reporting to their coverage.
She grew up in Holt, Michigan, and earned her bachelor's and master's degrees from Northwestern University. She was living in Latin America in 1987 she won a MacArthur Fellowship. Her experiences there led to her first published book, Children of Cain: Violence and the Violent in Latin America (1991).
Her latest book is Join the Club: How Peer Pressure Can Transform the World (2011).
|Booknotes interview with Rosenberg on Children of Cain, November 10, 1991, C-SPAN|
- Children of Cain: Violence and the Violent in Latin America (Random House, 1991)
- The Haunted Land: Facing Europe's Ghosts After Communism (Random House, 1996)
- Join the Club: How Peer Pressure Can Transform the World (W.W. Norton, 2011)
- Elizabeth C. Clarage & Elizabeth A. Brennan, Who's who of Pulitzer Prize winners, Greenwood Publishing Group, 1999, p. 277.
- "Pulitzer Prize Winners: General Non-Fiction" (web). pulitzer.org. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "National Book Awards – 1995" (web). National Book Foundation. Retrieved 2008-03-12.
(With acceptance speech by Rosenberg.)
- Columbia University World Leaders Forum: Tina Rosenberg
- Pulitzer.org: Tina Rosenberg
- Posts by Tina Rosenberg in The New York Times' Opinion Pages
- Tina Rosenberg at Goodreads
- * Roberts, Russ (September 15, 2015). "Tina Rosenberg on the Kidney Market in Iran". EconTalk. Library of Economics and Liberty.
- Appearances on C-SPAN
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|