Tinkerbelle the Dog
|Other name(s)||Tinkerbelle the dog|
|Species||Canis lupus familiaris|
|Breed||Mix (Papillon & Maltese)|
Tinkerbelle (sometimes referred to as Tinkerbelle the dog) is a canine model and internet celebrity. She was listed as one of the Most Entrepreneurial Dogs in America by Entrepreneur and is considered a social media influencer with more than 170,000 followers on Instagram.
Tinkerbelle was rescued from a shelter by Sam Carrell in 2012. Carrell was at the shelter visiting a friend, but was told Tinkerbelle would not socialize, eat, or come to anyone. Carrell adopted her and took her everywhere she went in order to socialize her, eventually meeting an agent while on a walk in New York City.
Tinkerbelle debuted as a dog model in a Ralph Loren collection. She has since modeled for brands that include American Eagle, Burt's Bees, and Converse. Additional appearances include playing Chowsie, Rose's dog, in a production of Gypsy, and in promos for the movie A Dog's Purpose. She is also a regular at New York Fashion Week.
- Aktar, Alev (12 February 2017). "This adorable dog is winning Fashion Week". New York Post. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Tinkerbelle". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Reese, Ashley Jean (13 August 2018). "How Instagram-famous dog 'Tinkerbelle' spent her Hilton Head vacation". Miami Herald. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Wilson, Lisa (23 February 2018). "This one-time shelter dog is so famous, fans sought her out at a Hilton Head resort". Island Packet. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Willison, Janie (29 January 2018). "From Shelter to Stardom: The Storry of Tinkerbelle The Dog". Pets of Broadway. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Polyn, Glenn (1 April 2017). "Dogs of Influence: The Popularity of Social Media Pets". Pet Age. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Libassi, Matthew (29 August 2017). "Tinkbelle the Social Media Dog Makes How Much a Year?". Fox Business. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Giannotta, Meghan (16 February 2017). "Tinkerbelle the dog's New York Fashion Week adventure". AM New York. Retrieved 22 October 2018.