|Elevation||220 ft (70 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||690992|
Tinsley is an unincorporated community located in Yazoo County, Mississippi, United States. Tinsley is approximately 11 miles (18 km) south of Yazoo City and 4 miles (6.4 km) North of Oil City near U.S. Route 49.
Tinsley had a post office, several stores, and a population of 50 in 1907.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Tinsley
- Rowland, Dunbar (1907). Mississippi: Comprising Sketches of Counties, Towns, Events, Institutions, and Persons, Arranged in Cyclopedic Form. 2. Southern Historical Publishing Association. p. 785.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Tinsley Oil Field
- Shelton, M.F. (1976). Braunstein, Jules, ed. Tinsley Oil Field, Yazoo County, Mississippi, in North American Oil and Gas Fields. Tulsa: The American Association of Petroleum Geologists. pp. 239–258. ISBN 0891813004.
- Downey, Clifford J. (2016). Illinois Central Railroad: Wrecks, Derailments, and Floods. Arcadia. p. 54.
|This Mississippi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|