|Place of origin||Indonesia|
|Region or state||Minahasa, North Sulawesi|
|Main ingredients||Rice congee with vegetables|
Tinutuan, also known as bubur manado or Manadonese porridge is a specialty of the Manado cuisine and a popular breakfast food in the city of Manado and the surrounding province of North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Tinutuan is a congee made from rice, pumpkin and sweet potato or cassava cooked up into a pulp, which is then mixed with corn kernels and various leafy vegetables such as kangkung (water spinach), kemangi (lemon basil), melinjo (Gnetum gnemon), and bayam (amaranth). Finally it is served with many toppings that may include fried shallots, fried tofu, spring onions, leeks, coriander, chili, condiments like sambal and dabu-dabu, and smoked or salted fish, usually skipjack tuna, anchovies, or nike (a small species of fish from nearby Lake Tondano).
The etymology of the word tinutuan is unknown. The exact date when tinutuan was invented is also uncertain. Some sources say it has been popular since 1970, while others date its invention as late as 1981. The local government of Manado made tinutuan an official icon of the city in 2005 and assigned a "traditional food area" lined with tinutuan stalls at Wakeke Street.
Tinutuan with salted fish and sambal chilli sauce
- Soleman, Montori (15 June 2006). "Refleksi Kota Manado Memasuki Gerbang Wisata Dunia 2010" (in Indonesian). hariankomentar.com. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- "Resep Mudah dan Praktis" (in Indonesian). www.tuankoki.com. 2 April 2016. Archived from the original on March 10, 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- Nurjaman, Saeful (2015). "Tinutuan, Makanan Khas Kota Manado" (in Indonesian). www.tuankoki.com. Archived from the original on 15 April 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Makan Pagi Tinutuan di Wakeke" (in Indonesian). www.kompas.com. 2 April 2010. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- Sombowadile, Pitres (2010). "TINUTUAN: DARI MATA TURUN KE PERUT" (in Indonesian). Tribun Manado. Archived from the original on 13 March 2010. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tinutuan.|